Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-08-2005, 02:55 PM

Default Re: Public Message to Commodus

PoBoy, to follow up on what I posted earlier.

I think either this will work out, or it won't. If it doesn't, most likely scenario is that his powers are taken away, some people are reinstated, and everything goes back to how it was. Absolute "worst case" people run away from OOT, it becomes a wasteland, and withers away as a forum. How big a deal would even that be?
Old 10-08-2005, 02:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
instead of doing it a little at a time, you should just round up all of the suspects and do it in one or two shots

[/ QUOTE ]

Did someone stay up all night reading The Prince? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I have lived by the principals of The Prince since I was 16 [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 10-08-2005, 02:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I think either this will work out, or it won't. If it doesn't, most likely scenario is that his powers are taken away, some people are reinstated, and everything goes back to how it was. Absolute "worst case" people run away from OOT, it becomes a wasteland, and withers away as a forum. How big a deal would even that be?

[/ QUOTE ]

I certainly wouldn't lose any sleep if everyone stopped posting in OOT and it turned into the stock Market forum or something that gets about 5 posts a day, but I think that OOT can actually be really funny/interesting and that making a random poster who decided to proclaim himself the ultimate authority on who should be banned is more likely to lead OOT to the worst case scenario than the best case.
Old 10-08-2005, 03:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
PoBoy, to follow up on what I posted earlier.

[/ QUOTE ]

i think that would make my life better, actually.
Old 10-08-2005, 03:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]

as for people saying im brownnosing [censored], thats the stupidest thing ive ever heard. i hardly know anything about him, i just recognized his avatar/name. its so funny to see people actually get worked up over this, its getting towards genius.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not getting worked up at all, its just the nut swinging that you're doing on [censored] is getting to the ridiculous point. At least El D is being funny and I can imagine [censored] sitting at his comp drinking a beer and laughing, but you are just being a tool and saying, "ban this guy", "ban this guy".

I never had anything against you before as you were just another poster just as much as I am just another poster, but your take on this whole thing is rather weak and unfunny(which I think is point of all of this, I just don't care enough to get all wraped up in it the way some are)
Old 10-08-2005, 03:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i take pride in the fact that i am one of the very few people who knows who commodus is. i dont know how you would know so im calling your bluff on this one.

no im not revealing his identity either so dont ask.

[/ QUOTE ]

You take pride in knowing who the person is behind a moderator's name in a forum??

You must not have much in your life to be proud of then.
Old 10-08-2005, 03:31 PM

The problem with the board is people feel the need to respond to EVERY post. If you have over 200 posts a month in 00T you should be banned.

If you have more than 2500 posts since Jan 1st of this year, you should be banned.

Why can't people just post meaningful posts when they have something legitimate to contribute to the conversation.

I am #1 on swinging on Blarg's nuts but at least his posts arent a 1 sentence answer, and are always on topic. Even his bs posts when talking with mslif were still decent to read.

Most people dont care about the average post or what others have to say, and post to draw attention to themselves. Most people wont care about this one, or what I have to say but I might as well flap to hear myself flap and fit in. I know depsite being here for as long as I have and making on avg ~2 posts a day instead of 20 I dont clutter this place up.

I'm glad [censored] is going to ban a ton of people, anyone who is even considered to be banned should just be banned. Clear all this useless self promotion and look at me garbage outta here.
Old 10-08-2005, 03:55 PM

PoBoy, I think you are failing to realize that a good chunk of the people who support [censored] don't really care about specific guidelines for banning. He has shown good judgement in the past, and there is no reason to think he won't continue to.

In fact, I almost prefer arbitrary criteria. If the only rule was "don't be a goddamn idiot", and you can't figure out what that means based on YOUR good judgement, then you probably deserve to be banned. It's really not that hard.

And btw, yeah you used to be pretty cool, but you are acting like a douche about this whole mod thing.
Old 10-08-2005, 05:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
He has shown good judgement in the past

[/ QUOTE ]

*laugh* People who believe this are quite amusing.

It's nice that you guys talk on AIM and all, but that doesn't mean his judgement has been anything but poor in the past.
Old 10-08-2005, 06:54 PM

the only decent message to Commodus should surely be:

Qui Custodes Custodiat?

Am I missing something?