Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Rake Back
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-20-2005, 10:31 PM

Default Re: Pokerroom site offerin 50% \"Rakeback\"

Bossmedia, prima, tribeca, actiongaming and most dobrosoft sites pay that way (percentage of rake=percentage of money in the pot). bodog is everyone gets paid who sees the flop, i believe. most others, party, UB, paradise, UPN, noble poker pay rake/players dealt cards. not sure about WPEX.

absolute and true poker are dealt cards.
Old 12-20-2005, 11:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Bossmedia, prima, tribeca, actiongaming and most dobrosoft sites pay that way (percentage of rake=percentage of money in the pot).

[/ QUOTE ]

Ummm...Are you certain of this? I have never seen contributed rakeback defined this way before.
Old 12-20-2005, 11:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
EuroBet needs to come out with their new tiers for rakeback soon or they will lose players to skins that have better deals...

[/ QUOTE ]

That's pretty funny.
Old 12-21-2005, 04:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EuroBet needs to come out with their new tiers for rakeback soon or they will lose players to skins that have better deals...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That's pretty funny.

[/ QUOTE ]

not meant to be funny just a statement of fact. EuroBet is supposed to come out with better rakeback rates soon that will be more competitve with other PokerRoom skins... right now I get 32% on EuroBet but at other rooms I can get 40% and 50%.

When I finish the $600 EuroBet bonus ..if EuroBet hasnt ammended their tiers my action will go to another PokerRoom skin. I really hate EuroBet/PokerRoom's software-it assaults your senses-annoying sound effects,the action is hard to follow and for multi-tabling anything over 4 tables it's a nightmare. They have such an inconsistent mix of games. I would'nt play LHE lower than $5-10 there because of the rake and their LHE and NLHE games are schizo ...most games are not good but often you'll find insanely good games ..its' all very hit or miss... anyway NLHE seems to be the best action for me at least. 5MAX games are better than 6MAX !
Old 12-21-2005, 05:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You only have to put money in a pot to be given rake against your account. i.e. 10 player table-6 fold-player A folds the small blind-player B plays the flop on big blind-player C flat calls and raises the turn both player D who has flat called the flop and player B fold to C. The rake is $1 all 4 players will have 25 cents attributed to them whilst the other 6 players will not have any rake contribution given to them. Yours sincerely, Mark Patrick, Poker Manager,

[/ QUOTE ]

this clarifies that money in the pot is all that is needed. so this would be classified almost as see the flop, but not quite, since you could have a small blind and fold and qualify from this definition.

this is better than the method of percentage of pot, but clearly not as good as being dealt cards. I have already asked about stud games, since there is an ante in every hand, you would be part of the pot on every hand, so it would be effectively the same as dealt cards!

p.s. i have also heard that prima is doing something other than percentage of pot, but i am not sure. i think it is that you are credited for every hand you are in the pot when rake is first taken, but i am checking on it.
Old 12-27-2005, 11:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
right now I get 32% on EuroBet but at other rooms I can get 40% and 50%.

[/ QUOTE ]

Am I doing something wrong? I only get 25% RB on EuroBet...where can you get 40 or 50% Rake Back without becoming a "Prop?"

Please PM me or post here - anybody! I feel like I screwed up getting the low %ages that I did.