Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 12-08-2005, 06:58 PM

Default Re: OOT rules clarification

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[censored] has made the most sense out of anyone in this thread.

[/ QUOTE ]

I find it interesting that there are so many different takes on what, if anything, should have happened here. This tells me that issues like this one fall into the grayest area of general policy.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think there would be a lot less if everyone saw the post. Dialblo didn't really say anything.
Old 12-08-2005, 07:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
In what way do you mean that?

[/ QUOTE ]

I mean: Of course he's going to return like Napoleon from Elba and start a bunch of [censored]. To have been disciplined by the 2+2 mods must have been an intolerable affront.

Maybe, maybe, after the ten googolth time people ask, we could just leave them the [censored] alone in public. Maybe?
Old 12-08-2005, 07:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Now you could argue that they posted the information and the couple in question did not but I would counter that the vegas trip was advertised as a 2+2 and OOT get together and that its reasonable to expect any results of said trip to make its way to 2+2 and OOT. This of course is the forum where we all communicate regularly.

[/ QUOTE ]

After the June trip, several people got angry about certain details making their way back onto the boards. It was generally agreed that there are certain lines and areas that it's best to use discretion, or at least check with the original poster.

I'm just saying, there is a precedent regarding 2p2 trips, and it's that people's privacy should be respected if it's questionable whether they'd want something coming out into the open.

[/ QUOTE ]
I find this terribly hypocritical, but if the precedence HAS been established, it should be respected. Note that I am far removed from the OOT inner circle, so my views are influenced accordingly.

[/ QUOTE ]

Here's what happened after the trip in june.

One poster made a post with very explicit detail.

In that very thread, people said "dude, that's not cool" and others agreed.

If you'll note- save one thread that was a horrible idea- (A thread that had a lot of people who were in Vegas yelling at PITTM)People didn't share a whole ton as to what happened in November specifically because of what was discussed regarding the June trip.
Old 12-08-2005, 07:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I was kinda hoping that this thread would be about the stupidity of not being able to mention the word "poker"

[/ QUOTE ]

me too
Old 12-08-2005, 07:10 PM

I am getting something entirely different out of El Diablo's post. From what I can see, El D is wondering why his thread about two posters, which contained some fact, and some rumor, was locked(which resulted in the short banning), and why other threads containing posts about him, posts which are based on nothing but rumors, rumors which border on slander, are allowed? Atleast thats how I see it.
Old 12-08-2005, 07:13 PM

anacardo,

[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Your friend,
El Diablo
KIRC
Old 12-08-2005, 07:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I am getting something entirely different out of El Diablo's post. From what I can see, El D is wondering why his thread about two posters, which contained some fact, and some rumor, was locked(which resulted in the short banning), and why other threads containing posts about him, posts which are based on nothing but rumors, rumors which border on slander, are allowed? Atleast thats how I see it.

[/ QUOTE ]
this is how i read it as well and then the thread spiraled in many different directions.
Old 12-08-2005, 07:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Here's what happened after the trip in june.

One poster made a post with very explicit detail.

In that very thread, people said "dude, that's not cool" and others agreed.

[/ QUOTE ]

haha, the way I remember it, one person said "dude, that's not cool"

and then Saltcracka said something like "stop being such a [censored] prude" and I laughed very hard at that because it was so true.
Old 12-08-2005, 07:17 PM

wait, there was actual content to this? I thought you were being sarcastic.

man, whoever banned you has some stones.
Old 12-08-2005, 07:22 PM

Another point which warrents mentioning to me.

I don't think it takes a really observant person to see that given the current culture of OOT, it's not exactly a place where people would want to put their personal lives on display.

This forum is just uniformly horrible towards women. Until a post can go more than 20 replies without somebody being called a whore or a [censored], I think erring on the site of not openning up people to be insulted is probably wise.
Closed Thread