Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-06-2005, 03:13 AM

Default Re: three hands against one maniac

how on earth can i fold to a c/r on the flop in hand 1 getting 10.5 to 1 with backdoor backdoor overcard and possible best hand closing action in position?

also how wretchedly weak/loose/bad is that going to look to the rest of the table? i might as well just pin a bullseye to my forehead.
Old 12-06-2005, 03:38 AM

This is twice in the same thread you've twisted someone out of context. I assume it's simply being carelessness/inconsiderate, and I ask that you be more careful.
Old 12-06-2005, 03:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This is twice in the same thread you've twisted someone out of context. I assume it's simply being carelessness/inconsiderate, and I ask that you be more careful.

[/ QUOTE ]
dude, no1 is impressed. just give it up.
Old 12-06-2005, 04:15 AM

I figured as much on hand 1 that she never folds A-high... it was more of a rhetorical question. However, if you are confident you have the best hand on the turn as well as the best draw... shouldn't you raise for value?

I take it you won hand 2? Irregardless of the results... A-2 is a tough hand to play profitably against this opponent.
Old 12-06-2005, 09:41 AM

Default results

im gonna stop posting hands. for better or for worse, im just too convinced that i play my hands right so it makes it a waste of time for everyone. when i have a real question about a hand or a concept i just call gabe and straighten it out (or argue with him till he gets sick of me).

i lost all three hands. in hand 1 she had K5 and rivered a straight. in hand 2 she had 87 and rivered a pair. in hand 3 she caught a Q on the turn.
Old 12-06-2005, 03:52 PM

Default Re: results

[ QUOTE ]
im gonna stop posting hands. for better or for worse, im just too convinced that i play my hands right so it makes it a waste of time for everyone. when i have a real question about a hand or a concept i just call gabe and straighten it out (or argue with him till he gets sick of me).

i lost all three hands. in hand 1 she had K5 and rivered a straight. in hand 2 she had 87 and rivered a pair. in hand 3 she caught a Q on the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

Please don't ever stop posting hands. Even though you have to deal with crap like you did in this thread, I hope you gained insight into the corectness of your play by reading what you think are wrong responses and thus solidifying your thoughts. And sometimes people do make helpful comments. Finally, while this isn't really of benefit to you, there are young players lurking in the background learning from your hands.
Old 12-06-2005, 04:26 PM

This would suck. This thread turned into "mike l defending his read" which is just crap and useless for everyone.

I can see your point though why deal with that if you can just call Gabe and get the one on one attention. On the otherhand I've always enjoyed most of your posts and you leaving would decrease the value of the forums!
Old 12-06-2005, 08:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I've always enjoyed most of your posts and you leaving would decrease the value of the forums!

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 12-06-2005, 09:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't know me since I only lurk here, but I'm just going to tell you now that you are one of my favorite posters and I've learned a lot from your posts. I hope you change your decision about leaving the forum
Old 12-06-2005, 09:38 PM

"I hope you change your decision about leaving the forum"

im not gonna leave im just not gonna post my own hands anymore.