Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium-Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-06-2005, 02:11 PM

Default Playing during daytime hours

Right now I'm at 200nl 6m. I have this idea in my head that the games are not good during the day (1pm to 5-6pm or so) and usually avoid playing then. I've had a couple of mixed results then (not many hands at all, could easily be an exception) and usually I am lazy and make excuses to stop. Does anyone regularly play during this time, is it worth it?
Old 12-06-2005, 02:13 PM

Default Re: Playing during daytime hours

I usually play between 2 PM and 10 PM east coast time. The games are good; they're always good on Party at that level.
Old 12-06-2005, 02:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I usually play between 2 PM and 10 PM east coast time. The games are good; they're always good on Party at that level.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you use pokertracker? If you look at the per hour breakdown, is your winrate comparable during business hours? (I would also think that since you're on the east coast, like me, that it's even worse because the west coast is still at work till the last hour of your "day").
Old 12-06-2005, 02:20 PM

I have poorer results when I play in the morning or early afternoon. I find more people are focused and play with a higher amt of quality. I also win more smaller pots as the grinders don't get involved in large pots unless they have the nuts.

The games after 8pm EST I do much better as people are watching WPT on TV, getting tired or are drunk. I win smaller, but much bigger pots at night.
Old 12-06-2005, 02:27 PM

The earlier you play the more Europeans you'll run into. Makes no difference to me. I don't pay attention to time zone. Just because it's 2:00am in Madrid doesn't automatically mean you're playing some drunk. Could be the duck.