Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-02-2005, 01:23 AM

Default KK near bubble, deep stacks.

This was in one of UBs 100 dollar tourneys. 25k gaurenteed, in this case there was a 500 dollar overlay- so 245 entrants. Its down to about 50, money is 30. Obviously I'm "in it to win" as they say, (Which has become a retarded cliche)the prizes really blow from 11-30.

Anyway... onto the hand. I probably have a somewhat loose aggressive image at the table if anyone has been watching. My read on the villain, is that hes a bit of a LAG, but a good one. Seems to make pretty solid reads. Then this hand came up...

I have about 10000 in chips, the villain has me covered. Blinds are 150/300 with a 25 ante.

Folded to me in MP and I have k [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]k [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. I raise to 1100. Button calls, blinds fold.

Flop (~T2500): q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]t [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. I thought that with a player as aggressive as him, if he caught any piece of the flop and I checked, hed fire away, as well as with any draw. I checked, and he puts out a pot sized bet immediatly. I think about it, and put him on a range of hands beating me, QT, TT, 66, are the only reasonable possibilities (QQ would reraise preflop.) SO- I decide an all in is my only move... Thoughts?
Old 06-02-2005, 01:36 AM

Default Re: KK near bubble, deep stacks.

I think you meant 44. I would rephrase your question just a bit. What is his range of hands given that I have a LAG image, he called my pre-flop raise, and he led out on the flop? Even if you weren't LAG (or if he wasn't paying attention), there's still a pretty wide range of hands you're ahead of. If he had a set or two pair would he lead out on the flop? It's not the typical way people play in online MTTs although certainly a good player would do so. Anyway, I think you're ahead of the range of hands. So yep, push.
Old 06-02-2005, 02:02 AM

Default Re: KK near bubble, deep stacks.

Yeah i did mean 44. And he didn't lead out, i checked to him i said. remember, he is button. Oh, and all i meant by those 3 hands were that those are really the only possible hands beating me.