Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-17-2005, 03:11 PM

Default Any impressions of Full Tilt Poker?

Greetings, I was wondering if anyone has any impressions of FullTiltPoker.com ? I've been playing on this site for several weeks now with "funny money", just getting some practice time in. I've tried a few diff. sites and really like their software and the fact they have free SNG's. I would just like to know before I deposit a starting roll if anyone has any opinions on this site, such as the level of competition at the $0.25/$0.50 to $0.50/$1.00 range, how difficult it is to clear the deposit bonus (seems like it would take a LONG time), etc.

Please post your opinions about this site, I can't find any reviews of it, but it seems very nice.

Thanks!
Old 05-17-2005, 03:28 PM

Default Re: Any impressions of Full Tilt Poker?

I've found FT to be okay. The bonus is very difficult to clear in its entirety. I'm still working on mine. You clear it in $20 chunks though.

The software is fine and solid. There aren't a ton of games going, which makes me not want to play there nearly as much as at Party where I can find what I want when I want it. I've played some shorthanded HE games that were pretty good, but generally I find the competition to be better than on Party.

That's about all I can say. So far, I'm not unhappy with the site, but I'm not excited by it either.

Regards,

T
Old 05-17-2005, 05:24 PM

for low fixed limit hold em ring games ($2/4 and below), the full tilt bonus is one of the hardest to clear, if not THE hardest. also there are only 2-3 tables open at each level usually, since the majority of people on that site play NL and/or tournaments.

if you're only playing 25c-$1 levels so far, then I would not recommend starting there, since virtually any other poker site will have a better bonus deal, softer players and more plentiful games.
Old 05-17-2005, 06:56 PM

Ya, the bonus is hard, but i cleared it. But, either way, FTP is the most solid piece of software out there.

The reason there aren't so many ppl playing, is because it's relatively new in comparision to PartyPoker and PokerStars (i hate both of those... UGH, ugliest look ever)

Either way, i recommend FTP 100%.

And a quick note, fastest way to clear your bonus is by playing 3/6$ games. That's what i did.
Old 05-18-2005, 12:56 AM

IMO, FTP has the best software out there. Game selection is generally poor because there are fewer players. You'll find it hard to clear your entire bonus unless you play the higher limits. Compared to Party, the players are tighter, and seem to play better post flop. Overall, I think the games at FTP are more difficult to beat at the limits I play than Party/Empire & Paradise.

Some people here hate the fact that you can't get hand histories. But, I don't mind that too much as I'm not yet dependant upon PT.

One real positive is that the rake is not oppressive at FTP. Which is great if you are playing the micro-limits.
Old 05-18-2005, 03:08 PM

Thanks for the input. I think I may end up starting by bonus chasing from some of the other sites where they are a little easier to clear at my stakes and plan on eventually moving to FTP once I get a solid roll.

It does seem odd they don't offer hand histories. As good as their software is, to leave this out seems kinda out of touch to me. Myabe they do it intentionally to keep PokerTracker users off the site? Even the playing field a bit?

Anyway, thanks for your opinions!
Old 05-18-2005, 06:55 PM

Yeah, the hand history thing is interesting. A lot of players used to ask the pros that are playing the same question: When will hand histories be avaialble? They used to say "soon." I don't see that question anymore.

I think maybe that the pros don't want their play to be analyzed and or forever kept in someone's data pile unless they are willing to do them by hand! Actually, I kinda like the fact that PT is not functional on FTP. It forces me to try to make good reads on players and pay attention to their starting hand requirements, betting patterns, etc. While it is arguable that reads aren't worth much at the lower limits, it is a good idea to develop the skill before you make the jump to the higher limits.
Old 05-18-2005, 07:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think maybe that the pros don't want their play to be analyzed and or forever kept in someone's data pile unless they are willing to do them by hand!

[/ QUOTE ]

I've always heard this cited as a motive to Pacific to keep their crappy graphical histories instead of moving to something text-based. Strikes me as somewhat Luddite -- hey, if your play is predictable, fix it! -- but you can't argue with the masses I suppose.
Old 05-19-2005, 12:01 AM

Anyone that has done it have a guesstimation on how many hands it would take to clear the $600 bonues at 3/6?
Old 05-19-2005, 10:55 AM

Interesting observation about the pros not wanting to be tracked. I was speaking with a friend of mine about it yesterday and we were both amazed they wouldn't offer this, we thought "What does the site care if people track hands? They're just costing themselves customers by not offering this service." However, if the pros are throwing their weight around, saying they don't want the feature, and if it's implemented they'll withdraw from the site, maybe that would keep it out.

Interesting...