Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-26-2004, 04:49 PM

Default Re: The Criterion Collection

Ghost Dog kicks much ass.

My only Criterion purchase is "Do the Right Thing," although they have tons of classics and are worth getting.

Brazil is a good one that comes to mind, 3 discs !! [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]
Old 11-26-2004, 05:00 PM

Default Re: The Criterion Collection

It looks like Amazon has copies of TWO versions of Beauty and the Beast -- one a restored one with a Philip Glass score(which doesn't sound too exciting) and a few extras. It seems to be missing "a documentary about the movie and the film" or something like that which was present in the older version. I wonder if you can shut the Philip Glass version of the music track off. The film was made in 1945, so I don't know why they have to go adding new things to it from the present day.

At any rate, my guess is that the out of print business in the Criterion Collection refers to Criterion's abandoning of their old version and failure to substitute the new version into their $5k package. What a gyp! For $5k, you'd think they'd not jerk around and drop one of the best films in their catalogue. I'm sure the average customer would gladly drop the Beastie Boys for Cocteau.