Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-14-2005, 02:41 PM

Default Re: Cardplayer Cruise Trip Rport

[ QUOTE ]
Oh, and I forgot to show you my mastectomies!

[/ QUOTE ]
I think you didnt forget, rather you knew he never left his cabin without the damn camera [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

BTW, OP... AMAZING Trip report, nice to see some pics included!
Old 12-14-2005, 03:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think you didnt forget, rather you knew he never left his cabin without the damn camera

[/ QUOTE ]
Are you kidding??? I'm the one who sent the pic of my chest, right after surgery when it was still all raw and gross, to a friend of mine as a practical joke. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 12-14-2005, 03:22 PM

You know what they say....... "If you aint got it, flaunt it" [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-14-2005, 03:29 PM

I was thinking about booking one of these as well, just wanted to know how often the games run and if they have tourney's as well.
Old 12-14-2005, 06:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I was thinking about booking one of these as well, just wanted to know how often the games run and if they have tourney's as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

My experience on this particular cruise was that they would run one tourney a day while the ship was at sea. There were four full sea days on this cruise. There was a $230 limit HE tourney, and three NL tourneys with buy-ins ranging between $150 and $300+. The tourneys began at 9:30 a.m.

The poker rooms opened for business at 9:00 a.m. each morning when the ship was at sea, closed at 5:00-5:30 for dinner break, and reopened at 7:00 p.m. until the wee hours. The rooms were closed when the ship was in port (local regulations) but you could probably have done a "home" game in your cabin. I actually saw poker chips for sale(!) in a department store in Acapulco...

Games were set up based on demand. There were usually two 2/4 and up to four 4/8 games going during the course of an evening. Lots of demand for 6/12, along with the Omaha and NL tables.
Old 12-14-2005, 06:31 PM

I heard a rumor that Mexico may legalize poker soon. If that happens, maybe we will be allowed to stay open in port? Gotta dream...