Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-03-2005, 01:40 AM

Default New Glasgow Poker Room

Have any fellow Scotsmen been to, or heard anything about the new poker room in Glasgow? Apparently it's open for business, and run by Tony G and a business partner. I'm thinking about taking a wander down, and was wondering if anyone's been, or knows anything about it?

Ringo
Old 08-06-2005, 04:27 PM

Default Re: New Glasgow Poker Room

Hi Ringo,

Long long time lurker first time poster. Saw your post and done a bit of investigative work.. our own gutshot would be fantastic [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Its called Cincinnati ltd and is on Bridge Street, a google search will give you the phone number. Spent about 30 minutes on the phone to the manager sounds like a top top place they starting a £50 NL freezeout on the Saturday night at 9pm but there are SnG's and cash games running all the time. Its supposedly run by Tony G or him and a business partner according to the talk on Blonde Poker Forums (Dave Colclough's site). I think ill visit next saturday after the football. Do you play alot in Scotland yourself?? I put in a dismal performance in the £1,000 scottish poker champs in edinburgh in June...
Old 08-18-2005, 01:06 PM

Well Jock ,did you go.Would like to know how it was.Games limits buy in etc. OH and size.Not a lot really.Thanks
Old 08-28-2005, 09:48 PM

I've been twice, and am fairly impressed. They run nightly £5/10/20 rebuy tournaments (usual bingo-fest), and have a semi-regular big cash game on the go, usually 6 Card Omaha. On thursday night, there was £40k+ on the table. Smaller cash games start up depending on who's there at the time, etc. They'll run single table tourneys as and when people want, and are generally pretty flexible and accomodating.

There's a bar, and a nice big domed ceiling. Apparently Tony G (..or was that Tony Montana [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]) is a business partner in it.

Ringo