Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-06-2005, 02:46 PM

Default Re: Worst river ever, call small bet in big pot?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
this is also kind of disrespectful of SSNL forum, but whatever.

[/ QUOTE ]

Can you please elaborate? What is disrespectful of SSNL?

[/ QUOTE ]

I am certainly baised but the comment about higher caliber of responses only found in MHNL slighted me a bit.
Old 07-06-2005, 03:17 PM

perhaps you should have made the flop bet bigger. I think he could have AK or AQ with either the K or Q being a diamond. But no matter what when the third J shows on the river I think you're beat and need to lay it down.
Old 07-06-2005, 03:36 PM

Default Results

Ya, sorry if I slighted the ssnl section, didnt mean to do that, just explaining why I prefer to post in the hsnl section. I only bet abit becuase he would make the mistake of calling, thinking his flush draw was still live. If i pushed, I wasnt guaranteed to get all the money in by the river. So I bet a small amount, then folded to his river bet. I have no idea what he really had, but he told me Ax K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] which makes the most sense to me
Old 07-06-2005, 03:38 PM

Default Re: Results

my point is that even if he had just the flush draw, he is almost getting correct odds to call a push on the turn considering how much he has left.

if he has naked ace or a jack, another flush card might kill your action anyways.
Old 07-06-2005, 07:15 PM

Any special reason for the small (24/90) bet on the turn?
Old 07-06-2005, 07:51 PM

Grow up aggie and quit being a forum cop.
Old 07-07-2005, 12:36 AM

the reason I only bet 24 instead of pushing him allinm for his final 55, was because I wanted him to think I was giving him the cheapest draw posssible to a flush, which was no good of course. So my plan was to bet 24 here, he calls, and as long as no A or J come, bet his last 31, which he probably calls with his aces up, K kicker.
Old 07-07-2005, 12:40 AM

Default Thank yuo Doomslice

[ QUOTE ]
Grow up aggie and quit being a forum cop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks, waiting for someone else to say it!
Old 07-07-2005, 02:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Playing 1-2 nl on Prima, just lost my buy-in, guess I have a normal image, not supertight. I limp UTG with 66. Few limps, sb raises the min to 4. All call. 5 to flop

(20) Flop: 6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

He is a little shorstacked, prob. 90 behind him. I raise to 24. All fold, he calls. Turn is a J pairing the board, giving me a FH. He checks, I bet 24 into 90 pot, trying to look weak/ milk it. He calls, River is the 3rd Jack !
Board is A J J J 6 He goes allin for his last 31. There is 144 in pot. Easy fold?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you are giving players too much credit. You should be getting in most of the money here because

1) He may think you're bluffing with a naked diamond draw if in fact he has a pair on the flop

2) If he has a J he'll give you all the action you want

3) Guys on the internet don't fold their A top pair and if he has diamond with a top pair he's coming anyways

4) Guys on the internet at this level will CALL off all their chips on a draw even on a paired board. Even at the higher levels I make most of my money on guys calling big bets on draws or with only 1 pair

5) You have the underfull as you can see gets counterfeited and puts you in precarious situations

6) Don't slowplay (except the big fullhouse) it's not the road to maximum profitability. You'll be surprised at how many insanely large calls you get by overbetting

Live game I fold this almost everytime but on the internet you could hardly say this is the worst call.
Old 07-07-2005, 04:23 AM

Default Re: Thank yuo Doomslice

He's an AGGIE. He was BORN to obnoxiously enforce arbitrary standards.