Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em

Old 12-31-2005, 06:45 PM

Default QJs Heavy Flop action

I am not hero, but I am a villan in this hand. Just wanted to know what you guys think about this:

$.25/.50 homegame. 5 handed, game is winding down and there is a good ammount of $$ on the table.

Hero has been playing well and has doubled through a few times through. Hero has $60 (loaned out his winnings so a few LAGs can continue playing-he has profited 2 buy-ins today).

Villan #1(original PFR) is a LAG/maniac/retard. He is the worst player I have seen. He has bet $20 on air, and folded to a $5 turn all-in. He overvalues AQ unimproved, he will call with NPND, he will call all-ins with bottom pair, or even NPND(and no overpair). He is a dream to be with, and has alot of $$. He has been stacking off villan #2 with A2s vs 99 earlier. He has the table covered, and has about $110.

Villan #2 is me, playing solid/TAG, trying to stack maniac. I have lost $60 earlier when I pushed 99 against villan 1 and lost to A2s- I have $40 (my last $$ in wallet).

Villan #3 is a LAG/desperate player who has lost today to villan #1. He is known to push with weakness/bottom pair or better, and is on tilt (IMO). He has $13.

PF: Villan #1 raises to $1. MP folds. Hero calls $1 in MP with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. SB(villan #2) calls $1. BB(Villan #3) calls $.50 in the BB. 4 to the flop.

($4) Flop: A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Villan 2 checks. Villan 3 pushes for $12. Villan 1 calls $12. Hero calls $12. Villan 2(SB) pushes for $27 more. Villan 1 folds. Hero ??

Do you think pushing this flop after villan 1 calls would have been better? Do we have the odds to call? Are we good here?
Old 12-31-2005, 08:05 PM

Default Re: QJs Heavy Flop action

Hey bud, this was very hard to follow. [img]/images/graemlins/ooo.gif[/img] The easy question is should Hero call, and the answer is Yes. Worst case scenario, you probably have a set of 9's and the other guy has AK, and Hero is 36% in that scenario. Pot is $67 and it only costs him $15 more (and no more money goes in), so those are goot odds.

Should he push the first time it comes to him on the flop? Probably not. He's going to have to hit his hand to win the pot, and you might as well have everyone in there with him when he does. I don't think there's any advantage to "isolate" the all-in guy. He's got no more stack to take. Keep the other stacks in and try to get some more when he hits.
Old 12-31-2005, 08:16 PM

Apologies on the hard HH. It was a very action packed flop/board/action.

A misunderstanding on the action though- Villan 2(me) pushed for $39 total, with $27 more to go. I apologize for the difficult HH.
Old 12-31-2005, 08:47 PM

Ugh, I just misread it.

Ummmm. Sidepot really complicates things. He has to put $27 into a HU sidepot, where his equity share will be likely be 33%. So that's not good.

Overall, the pot is $79 and he has $27 yet to call. His EV is real tiny on that, as he's probably 33% or so to win the hand. Oy. And I'm running my calculations assuming the first all-in villian doesn't have a spade in his hand, and so maybe he's pushing something like 7s2s or something goofy with a spade in it.

It probably could go either way actually. Call or fold, I don't think he's losing out on or giving up too much EV.
Old 12-31-2005, 08:51 PM

Thanks for the response.

Results in white if interested:
<font color="white">Hero folds. Villan 1 folds. Villan 3 has K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. Villan 2(me) has A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. Villan 2's hand holds up and wins a big pot.
Villan 1 says he had a Flush draw. Who knows. </font>