Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-12-2005, 11:53 PM

Default Re: $11:

[ QUOTE ]
Calling is a leak.

[/ QUOTE ]

You think so? I do think it's close but

1, most likely preflop action is that the original raiser calls, so you end up with 2:1 to flop a pair. which seems good enough, cos

2, you're basically a lock at the $11s to stack one or both opponents if they flop a worse Ace or King with you.
Old 12-12-2005, 11:54 PM

I think that calling is a better play then pushing.
Old 12-13-2005, 01:05 AM

I think it's pretty marginal anyway you look at it. I like the push better if there is more dead money. I think you can profitably call here, but Postiga might be right here and maybe that is for 1000+ chip games.

Maybe you can fold it in an $11 or a $6, waiting for a better spot later. I'm pretty sure you can fold in a $6 and I'm positive it's a good fold in a play money game (not that that is relevant except that it makes me confident that it is possible folding is correct)
Old 12-13-2005, 01:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Folding is fine for 1/8th of your stack oop. I fold or shove depending on the reraiser.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you shove what are you going to get called by? AA-KK-QQ
mabye JJ. Does AQ or worse call here? If your are called at best you are on the wrong side of a coin flip.

[/ QUOTE ]

You WILL ALMOST ALWAYS be called by A5+,KJ+,and sometimes even QJ at the $11s early on. Never underestimate the thinking (or lack thereof) of the $11ers. They see that move and immediatly think low pair. You wouldn't believe the junk their willing to call with.

And yes, some do reraise to 100 with A5.
Old 12-13-2005, 01:44 AM

uhhh [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] I think calling is bad IMO. Calling off 1/8th if your stack early with no Pair. Eh IDK. 2+2ers edge is later in the game where you need chips. I save my chips for later or push. In the $11's I say its 50/50 cause theyll call with crap.
Old 12-13-2005, 02:18 AM

Push, I do this and get called by AT-AQ (and sometimes KQ) so often that you wouldn't believe it. This is an $11. Most of these people are morons. Yes, sometimes you see AA or KK, but that's just the way it goes. I'd say folding is definately -ev. Besides, at this point you either get to more than double up or bust early and can fire up another one. Also, don't forget that sometimes you add a not insignificant 155 chips to your stack.

Will

P.S. Please don't denigrate women just to get more responses. It's offensive.
Old 12-13-2005, 02:32 AM

Calling is horrible, period. You are right about playing AKo out of position.

This is an 11. You get called by worse hands way often enough to make this a profitable push. So do it.
Old 12-13-2005, 03:35 AM

I agree with durron, a push is probably fine. You could so easily be up against at best KQs. Calling is awful, but I wouldn't worry too much about finding a fold here either.
Old 12-13-2005, 03:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I agree with durron, a push is probably fine. You could so easily be up against at best KQs. Calling is awful, but I wouldn't worry too much about finding a fold here either.

[/ QUOTE ]

What is so terrible about calling!! You don't have to race pairs. You can get away if there's a re-raise and call. You still win lots from AT-AQ cos lots of times they will fold preflop if you push, but if they hit their Ace, they will give you their stack for sure. You will bust out way less often.
Old 12-13-2005, 03:47 AM

fold or push. i would lean towards folding