Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-10-2005, 05:26 PM

Default Re: spirit rock hand

You cannot just play your hand against him in these spots. As stupid and Tilt-esque as it sounds, you will have to play the player at times. The only way to play against him is to sometimes re-bluff him in these spots by pushing. I think just calling is bad because he can easily be bluffing with the best hand. Betting the flop does not really help much because this is an easy board for him to call and bluff you on a later street. Basically, he has to know that he can't always just take pots away from you if you don't hit them hard. If you just wait for big hands to do this, you'll get killed. Whether or not this particular hand is the right place to make such a stand is dependent on all sorts of stuff going on in the session.
Old 02-10-2005, 05:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Well, what scares me is he may be only thinking he's bluffing with something like 33 or 44 or even A2s.

You may correctly read that he is bluffing -- and still lose.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's why Bruiser would raise.
Old 02-10-2005, 05:34 PM

Excellent game selection Bruiser...Heads Up versus Sprit Rock...That's funny! [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 02-10-2005, 09:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Excellent game selection Bruiser...Heads Up versus Sprit Rock...That's funny!

[/ QUOTE ]

challenging one of the best online NL players is not funny, it's smart. It's how Bruiser is going to get better.

Lawrence
Old 02-10-2005, 09:34 PM

All this talk about game selection is interesting and everything, but the fact of the matter is that Bruiser said in his initial post that the game just became HU and he was about to leave.
Old 02-10-2005, 09:51 PM

P. would not normally consider a hand that could beat AQ HU on river a "bluffing hand", so this is either a value bet or a hand worse than AQ -- no in between here.
Old 02-11-2005, 12:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Lol. In position he will often call behind to steal on a later street if he senses weakness, the same way he would smoothcall if he flopped a big hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bruiser had position. SR checked the flop to him, and he checked behind.
Old 02-11-2005, 01:27 AM

This is the third post in which you have had a good hand playing 25-50 and you check called all the way down. Are you playing above your comfort zone? The AK hand had to be the worst IMO. Maybe you are not quite ready for the pressure of that game even though you have done so well in the 5-10 NL. I think you are playing with scared money, or at least from the lines I have seen. If not, then stop playing weak tight.
Old 02-11-2005, 11:35 AM

Default Re: stupid observation

sorry twas a feeble attempt at humor and possibly an attempt to start up a dsicussion that he knows that people think he overbets the nuts all the time. ive watched this game a time or two and its really about as entertaining a sweat of online poker as can be. El D if you werent pushing 10k posts i would read them all (and i still may). i think

"challenging one of the best online NL players is not funny, it's smart. It's how Bruiser is going to get better."

that brusier will improve by playing in this game , although im not sure this is the best way for him (or anyone) to improve. but hey if you got the roll kiddo you are still young go for it!
jason
Old 02-11-2005, 05:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
P. would not normally consider a hand that could beat AQ HU on river a "bluffing hand", so this is either a value bet or a hand worse than AQ -- no in between here.

[/ QUOTE ]
wrong. he is much better than that.