Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-23-2005, 04:34 AM

Default Re: This play needs a name...

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Wow you really are a rock.

[/ QUOTE ]

but i already knew that, so really no need for the wow part.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is right biatch. Nobody can nit up a game like me.

I think you guys are getting carried away with this I'll isolate with 9Ts crap. I will be anxiously awaiting your PT screenshot that shows how profitable 9Ts or T8s is in this spot. I may very well be wrong and will gladly change my play when you convince with some data rather than the do this because i think it is good argument.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd like to see some evidence as well. I'll play this if I'm confident there won't be a raise behind me, but it seems to me this hand becomes a loser when there's a late position raise.
Old 10-23-2005, 04:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you guys are getting carried away with this I'll isolate with 9Ts crap. I will be anxiously awaiting your PT screenshot that shows how profitable 9Ts or T8s is in this spot. I may very well be wrong and will gladly change my play when you convince with some data rather than the do this because i think it is good argument.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd like to see some evidence as well. I'll play this if I'm confident there won't be a raise behind me, but it seems to me this hand becomes a loser when there's a late position raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

Especially when some TAG on the button sees a poster and knows that anyone with a reasonably strong hand would raise since the poster has a random hand. The bases get loaded up and pow!
Old 10-23-2005, 04:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Especially when some TAG on the button sees a poster and knows that anyone with a reasonably strong hand would raise since the poster has a random hand. The bases get loaded up and pow!

[/ QUOTE ]

the button isnt raising after 2 limps and a poster without a legit hand. remove sand from vag plz.
Old 10-23-2005, 04:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

the button isnt raising after 2 limps and a poster without a legit hand. remove sand from vag plz.

[/ QUOTE ]

Still waiting for PT data...
Old 10-23-2005, 04:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Still waiting for PT data...

[/ QUOTE ]

PT data on how often the button raises after 2 limps an a post? Im pretty positive that no one has a big enough sample size, but I would bet its 10% or less unless button is a total donk.
Old 10-23-2005, 05:07 AM

No, sorry, my post was unclear. i don't think we will be able to determine the frequency with which we will be raised. I am just interested in seeing 8Ts being played profitably even by a guy with your amazing postflop skills [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
Old 10-23-2005, 05:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]

With one pair of tens on the river, aftet the turn going check, check, yeah I would bet. WIth a 7 I think I check call.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you call a river raise from an unknown with one pair of T's (assuming that is 2nd pair) after the turn goes check-check?

Thanks,
Cartman
Old 10-23-2005, 05:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

With one pair of tens on the river, aftet the turn going check, check, yeah I would bet. WIth a 7 I think I check call.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you call a river raise from an unknown with one pair of T's (assuming that is 2nd pair) after the turn goes check-check?

Thanks,
Cartman

[/ QUOTE ]

I think taht happens so raraly that I honestly dont want to spend the time thinking about it.
Old 10-23-2005, 05:33 AM

Default Stats

My tracker stats for T9s and T8s:

If even coldcalled with T9s if the situation was right (3 times out of 250,000 total hands).

Pokerroom.com ev stats for those hands:

If average players from average positions (pokerroom.com)break even with T8s and win with T9s, apply the logic for a 'more favorable than average' situation like a limper and a poster. Sure you can get raised by a monster behind you, but that doesn't stop you from playing from the CO or Button with the blinds yet to act. Or maybe it does.
Old 10-23-2005, 05:36 AM

Default Re: Stats

cool stuff thanks. Are those stats for shorthanded games? My understanding of pokerroom stuff is that it is full ring.