Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-19-2005, 08:56 AM

Default What is up with AJ???

Hand 1: Nut flush runs into trouble. Should I have bet right out on the river?

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is BB with J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. CO posts a blind of $3.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, CO (poster) checks, Button calls, SB completes, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+1 calls, CO calls, Button calls, SB calls.

Flop: (10.50 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, SB folds, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls, CO folds.

Turn: (8.75 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls.

River: (11.75 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 3-bets</font>, Button folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, UTG+1 calls.

Final Pot: 20.75 BB

Hand 2: Against a very aggressive player. He often bet all the way through with UI overcards. Should I have just let this go sooner?

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (10 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, MP1 folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (8.50 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (10.50 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 11.50 BB

Hand 3: Turn decision. I feel like I should have bet this to avoid giving the free card.

Preflop: Hero is UTG+2 with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (10 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, SB calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (8 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, MP1 checks.

River: (8 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 folds, SB folds.

Final Pot: 9 BB
Old 10-19-2005, 09:16 AM

Default Re: What is up with AJ???

Hand 1. NH. Button tells me he has a 2, 8, flush or overpair. There's a very very good chance he bets this river. But having this checked through would make me cry.

Hand 2. Fold the turn, or call the river. If you were ahead on the flop, you're ahead on the river.

Hand 3. There is no way I can bet that turn but I also would have given it a 0% chance of getting checked through.
WTF. Villian has me absolutely baffled. 99?
NH
Old 10-19-2005, 09:20 AM

Hand 1 is OK. Maybe call his raise on the river. I'd probably cap it as you did, depending on who it was against.

Hand 2 is complete insanity. You have a CLEAR fold on the flop. I cant figure out, for the life of me, what you were trying to achieve with the raise?

Hand 3 is fine. He bought a free card off you, you cant protect against it all the time.
Old 10-19-2005, 09:25 AM

what was your reasoning for raising the flop in hand 2?
Old 10-19-2005, 10:56 AM

Villain was very aggressive and would bet his UI overcards all the way through the hand.

However, if he has unimproved overs, they are better than mine so it was basically a tarded raise.
Old 10-19-2005, 11:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Villain was very aggressive and would bet his UI overcards all the way through the hand.

However, if he has unimproved overs, they are better than mine so it was basically a tarded raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

With a king on the board, he can't have overs. Unless he's a maniac, he's got a flush draw or a king here. I'd fold the flop when MP calls or call the flop and call down if MP folds the turn if I think this guy is putting a move on me.
Old 10-19-2005, 12:52 PM

Hand 1: Good, but dangerous check on the river. Definitely cap this. The only hands I'm really worried about from UTG+1 is if he somehow flopped Quad 2's or hit 77. I think we usually see either trips (A2) or more likely a smaller flush.

Hand 2: Chip spewing. Don't raise the flop, and don't call the turn unless you are going to call the river UI.

Hand 3: Pretty good. I'm curious as to what people would do if MP1 bet this turn. I'm pretty sure I'd dump it. All my outs except for an offsuit king are suspect.
Old 10-19-2005, 01:06 PM

Fist off, not betting that river = awful, just awful. On average, that check/raise probably costs you several BB.
The flop is interesting, but I think 3 betting is best. In the worst case scenario that we narrow the field and knock out UTG and CO both, and button has a piece, we still have a significant number of outs to catch up. In other scenarios, such as UTG and CO coming along, we have equity for the raise, so it's fine.
Our raise may also knock out a better hand. If button is raising with another draw, then we could easily knock out a middle pocket pair or a pair of 8s in the middle with our raise, giving us a tremendous amount of equity heads up or 3 way.

All applies to hand one.
Old 10-19-2005, 01:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]

With a king on the board, he can't have overs. Unless he's a maniac, he's got a flush draw or a king here. I'd fold the flop when MP calls or call the flop and call down if MP folds the turn if I think this guy is putting a move on me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, I meant something like AQ or AT. I shouldn't have said overcards. And he was borderline maniac.
Old 10-19-2005, 01:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, I meant something like AQ or AT. I shouldn't have said overcards. And he was borderline maniac.

[/ QUOTE ]

Then folding the river is a huge mistake.