Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-17-2005, 04:36 PM

Default QQ with confusing action

Villain has stats of 75/5/1.5 and is playing very poorly.

PokerStars 0.50/1.00 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls, BB calls, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls.

Flop: (12 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG+2 checks, MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls, SB folds, BB calls, UTG+2 calls, MP1 folds.

Turn: (8 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG+2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO folds, BB folds, UTG+2 calls.

River: (10 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 bets</font>, Hero ???

Where has that bet come from? Now obviously I'm not folding, but is a raise correct and if so what do I do if 3-bet?
Old 08-17-2005, 04:38 PM

Default Re: QQ with confusing action

With a straight and flush on the board ill just call this.
Old 08-17-2005, 04:39 PM

If he is capable of calling after bluffing on the river a raise would be correct. Since most aren't I'd just call.

You'll see this move alot on the river though when small cards make up the board. Villain thinks "Well, he has AK, so if I bet here he can't call, money money money money"
Old 08-17-2005, 04:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
With a straight and flush on the board ill just call this.

[/ QUOTE ]

yep yep
Old 08-17-2005, 04:44 PM

I'm split between raising and just calling. One the one hand, villain appears to be a total donk with those stats and his bet could be him saying "I just think you have unimproved OCs". On the other hand, there are several hands that have you in bad shape (two hearts, 67, 26, A2, or 4x) and I wouldn't put it past him to play them. However, you figure a reasonable player would C/R you (unless he figures you for the type to check through on this "scary" board).

I'd probably raise and call the 3-bet as I curse outloud, then remind myself this fool pays me off in the longrun.
Old 08-17-2005, 04:49 PM

Grunching.
My instincts, without reads, is the he either hit a straight, or trips on the river. I want to showdown, so I just call here.

Edit: oh yeah, and UTG could have a flush too.
Old 08-17-2005, 04:50 PM

I would raise and fold to 3 bets. If you can't fold to a 3 bet you must not raise. I expect to see in order of likelyhood: a busted flush draw stupid bluff, an 8, a 4, an ugly straight, the nut flush.

-DeathDonkey
Old 08-17-2005, 04:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd probably raise and call the 3-bet as I curse outloud, then remind myself this fool pays me off in the longrun.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is exactly what I did at the time, and was shown A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] for the nut flush (how can he not raise the turn, at the very least!)

Then I started thinking a call would be better, or a fold to the 3-bet. Then I started thinking I was being results oriented. Hence the post.
Old 08-17-2005, 04:58 PM

Villain has A2 me thinks.

OH SNAP I'M GOOD! (I didn't expect the flush though)
Old 08-17-2005, 05:06 PM

No putting in 3 bets on this board on the river is not results oriented, it is a mistake. I may just be bitter because my least likely expected hand was the one he showed [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

-DeathDonkey