Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-15-2003, 06:11 PM

Default Re: You Forgot....

You forgot snorted cocaine so badly that his nose twitches.

You forgot that Bush knew about 9/11 before hand and did nothing to stop it. How did that protect the American people? He sacrificed 3,000 so that his oil buddies could rip off the taxpayers and make more money.

Fascist types are bootlicking stooges.
Old 05-15-2003, 07:22 PM

Default Re: Anti-Bush sites

You don't drive ?
Old 05-16-2003, 03:14 AM

Default Size matters: American arrogance

"You seeemed concerned about any oil interests our President may have yet you stated you don't even drive so the price of fuel is not important to you. On a regular basis you seek out articles critical of our President with no concern as to their veracity yet live in a teeny weeny country very far away. Yes I do consider this an unhealthy fixation."

It is quite obvious that the whole world is affected by what the United States, the sole superpower of the planet does, thinks and acts on. It is therefore quite amusing when American superpatriots object to naysayers, dissidents and just plain opponents of American supremacy, on the basis of Jimbo's argument (ie what business is that of yours??). The superpatriots won't have anyone contesting or second-guessing in the slightest domestic or foreign American policy, despite both affecting us all Earthlings.

Funnily enough, those same Americans will welcome any and all expressions of support, sympathy or general pro-Americanism --- with the jest and rush of the perennial kid with its hand firmly in the jar. A guilty complex, if I ever saw one.

And that dismissal of other countries as "teeny weeny", well.. Testosterone has been guiding American foreign policy for decades now. We should not be surprised by such sentiments.

So, yes, Jimbo, yours is bigger than ours! Can you just play with it, on your own, and in your own backyard, and leave us alone, please? (Pretty please, with sugar on top.)
Old 05-16-2003, 05:42 AM

Default Re: You Forgot....

I am no fan of Clinton either. Your other remarks aren't really worth responding to.
Old 05-16-2003, 05:44 AM

I live in the centre of London. There's really no point, and parking, traffic etc is nightmarish.
Old 05-16-2003, 08:54 AM

You may be surprised to discover that the US is the only country where basically everyone thinks they can't survive without a car. Blame it on culture, poor infrastructure, or short-sightedness...
Old 05-16-2003, 12:59 PM

Default Re: High prices at the pump

However specifically saying Bush is the greatest threat to world peace is, IMO, pretty senseless

Why? Seems like a perfectly reasonable thing to be saying and questioning?

Dunno if it is true or not, and no one can know that until the the events are played out. For example if the middle east becomes a peaceful place then his policies promoted peace; if terrorist activities stop then maybe so.

However, if the events play out differently then he would have proven to have been the greatest threat to world peace.

One has to remember that so far two countries have been brutalized and the world is not yet a more peaceful place. In fact, neither Afghanistan or Iraq are countries in which you would like to travel to, despite both having great things worth seeing and experiencing.
Old 05-16-2003, 02:20 PM

"In fact, neither Afghanistan or Iraq are countries in which you would like to travel to, despite both having great things worth seeing and experiencing.

You are implying that you were gonne zip over to Afghanistan for a little weekend getaway then perhaps stop off in Iraq for some tea on your way back home. It is more probable you could not have distinguished between the two countries on a map before the US liberated them.

Even if peace in the Middle East does not occur that is not to say that it is because we liberated some of the residents of the area. They have been at war for many hundreds of years, it will take some time to determine the effects of our actions.
Old 05-17-2003, 12:37 AM

I agree, and that is precisely the point, that it will take some time before we know if this President advanced the cause of peace.

It is far more likely that I know about these places then you think. I have been fortunate in that in my life I have lived on 3 continents and travelled in two others.

I for one would love to visit both Afghanistan and Iraq, and am planning to be in Istanbul later this year.

Old 05-18-2003, 12:40 PM

Default Re: Size matters: American arrogance

Yes, but Cyrus, the testosterone levels of the average American male have greatly declined (really, look it up) since the early parts of the 20th century, and therein lie the root causes of many of our society's problems. Oddly enough too, the average American female today also displays a tendency towards less feminine physical attributes: narrower hips, smaller breasts, less curves overall and more masculine attributes (and this is not only due to being less fat). Of course, all of this is responsible for more problems. Suspected causes are certain specific environmental pollutants and possibly diet. In the case of men especially, the fatter a man is as a percentage of total body mass, the less masculine hormones he produces and the more female hormones he produces. No wonder we're becoming a society of politically correct sheeple. Moral: don't mess with Mother Nature.