Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-14-2003, 01:22 AM

Default Re: FOX best war coverage

I see. And if, say, This Week had interviewed Ted Kennedy on Iraq, and then said they'd be interviewing Powell, Wolfowitz, and Bush next, and played Three Blind Mice while they showed them, this wouldn't be an example of bias? Fact based analysis my eye.
Old 05-14-2003, 02:44 AM

LOL very funny andy.

Anyway, I firmly believe there should be one place for hard reporting, and another place for analysis and opinion. Mixing of the two seems pretty common in the media today, and it irks me greatly. It shouldn't matter what the anchors or producers think is right or best when they are reporting, but they insist on weaseling their own opinions into what should be a conveyance of facts. I say fire the whole damn lot of them.
Old 05-14-2003, 10:21 AM

Default I agree - somewhat

Fox News does "Analysis" in the guise of news. From body language, to music, to the choice of words.

During the war they should have been renamed the Neo-Con blatant propaganda channel. In peace times it is a mouth piece for the Republican parties.

Regarding your choice of sleeping companions, if you really want to sleep to the sound of Bill O'Reilly this is still a free country.
Old 05-14-2003, 12:22 PM

Yeah, but news on TV is entertainment, guided more by ratings than by anything else. I actually like watching the guys I disagree with (who are mostly on Fox) more than anyone else because I find them entertaining. Which, I suppose, is the whole point.

Old 05-14-2003, 01:54 PM

Just letting everyone know that this thread will be heavily edited due to the plethora of insults and lack of rational debate. So don't bother making any silly responses.

Mat
Old 05-14-2003, 01:56 PM

Default Thanks Bruce.....

....forgot these a-holes. But, since we don't buy WMD or run a terrorist network, I can't think of too much that Mrs Wogga and I might purchase that's made in north korea. However, I will make sure I mention them when I go into one of my ususal rants about scumbag anti-USA countries. My apologies for this glaring omission.
Old 05-14-2003, 02:04 PM

Default Also, please *DELETED*

Post deleted by Mat Sklansky
Old 05-14-2003, 04:01 PM

Default Re: I agree - somewhat

During the war they should have been renamed the Neo-Con blatant propaganda channel. In peace times it is a mouth piece for the Republican parties.

I'd say it is the mouthpiece for fact based analysis. If this analysis happens to conclude that the republican party is almost always right, or that the war is almost certainly right, then that is what they should report. To say it is a propaganda machine is wrong. If it were a propaganda machine, they would not present both sides of the issues, or have any liberal commentators and guests as they do.
Old 05-14-2003, 05:17 PM

Default Ha Ha, spank him Mat! *nm*

Old 05-14-2003, 09:00 PM

I'm not surprised that you choose to protect known racists. You have a track record of doing so, and betraying your own people. G-d knows. Someday you will be held accountable.