Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-02-2005, 12:13 PM

Default The Grand is grand.

My wife and I went down to the Grand so I could play a little.

I got on the 4-8 and the 1-2 NL list and the 4-8 opened up first.

The table was like most down there. A few extremely loose ones and a tight one or two. I played pretty tight for the first hour or so trying to get respect as a tight one.

I raised with AQ, TT, and AK and won 2 of those pots. (I realize this is pretty vague). I started to think I could use this tightness as an advantage. I raised on the button with 35h. All 6 callers called the raise. The flop was 3-5-J...rainbow. Long story short was a 4 came on the river and A-4 who called all the way down got his straight. I guess he's as dumb, I mean as samrt as me right?

So I'm in the small blind and decide that no matter what I'm calling. Well I looked at a Q and decided to keep the other card a mystery. The BB raised it and another guy raised him to 12. Then a lady raised it to 16. That was when I decided to look at my other card and it was just as pretty as the first. So I called. The others folded back to the 3rd raiser. He raised it to 20. She called and I called. I was thinking I was in 2nd place at that time. The flop came Q-9-3. I was movin on up! I cehecked-he bet-she raised-I called-he raised-she called -I called. The turn brought a 2nd heart and it was a J. I bet-he raised-she folded - I called. The river brought another 3! So unless this joker had pocket 3's I win. I checked - he bet - I raised - he called. He showed his pocket aces and the woman said that's what she had too.

After 4 hours of play I won 342.

The 1-2 NL spot didn't open up for 3 friggin hours.So I passed.
Old 04-02-2005, 02:00 PM

Default Re: The Grand is grand.

Are you talking LV or Tunica?
Old 04-02-2005, 02:18 PM

Tunica....BTW. When and where is the 530 tourney today?
Old 04-02-2005, 02:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, is that a trick question? According to the schedule I saw it's a $115 freezeout at 5:30 PM at the Goldstrike today...
Old 04-02-2005, 02:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, is that a trick question? According to the schedule I saw it's a $115 freezeout at 5:30 PM at the Goldstrike today...

[/ QUOTE ]

I remembered you had said something about it. Now if I can just convince my wife that I should go!
Old 04-02-2005, 03:20 PM

Hang on - I just found the little schedule - it says it's Thursday at 5:30 for the freezeout - probably should call them..
Old 04-02-2005, 03:33 PM

DOH!
Old 04-02-2005, 08:00 PM

I haven't been in the mood for higher limits of limit, and I am sick of no limit (too boring, I want to play some HANDS already). So for low limit LIMIT poker, the grand has been my choice of late (like since monday when they opened, lol). The games have been GREAT. They should be great again today too. I am heading out for sushi, then heading to MGM. Look for a tall white magoo type guy with a grey striped t-shirt with a pocket and black pants playing 4-8 or 6-12 with a hott chick sitting behind and that'll be me.

(written at 4pm local time)

al
Old 04-02-2005, 08:21 PM

He is talking about the Grand In Tunica MS not the MGM Grand.

that Magoo part might be closer to the truth than we previously believed.
Old 04-02-2005, 08:56 PM

off the topic....but there are a LOT of posts where a poker-room is referred to without stating the location.

not everyone knows where Canterbury or Turning Stone or Ocean's 11 or Gold Strike or Grand Victoria are (MN, NY, SD, Tunica, Indiana).

What are the 5:30 tourneys at Grand or Gold Strike or whatever that you guys are speaking of?