Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-02-2005, 08:27 PM

Default Re: yuk, i really am unsure about this one

yep you're right - I don't know what I was thinking. Betting the flop does suck.

just as a hypothetical - if the players in between hero and the preflop raiser had called, does hero raise? if the board wasn't paired the raise would be a no brainer, but with a paired board is a raise automatic? sorry if this is a little off-topic but I'm curious.
Old 09-02-2005, 09:13 PM

This a very easy call preflop IMO.
Old 09-02-2005, 11:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
yep you're right - I don't know what I was thinking. Betting the flop does suck.

just as a hypothetical - if the players in between hero and the preflop raiser had called, does hero raise? if the board wasn't paired the raise would be a no brainer, but with a paired board is a raise automatic? sorry if this is a little off-topic but I'm curious.

[/ QUOTE ]

If a couple of people had called villains bet on the flop I would have raised regardless of the pair on the board, but I don't really know what I'm doing so . . . .
Old 09-03-2005, 12:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
huh. I guess I call preflop here. I also bet the flop. I have good equity with 4 people in. I doubt he has an 8. If he has KK, nice hand sir.

...or am I way off?

[/ QUOTE ]

um yes you are way off, betting this flop blows, look at the position of the PFR, he's directly to your left you betting causes him to frequently raise, driving out other players killing your equity edge you have if 5ppl stay in .. if you had flopped 2pair, betting out makes sense since you want to get it HU with him, and like driving out ppl, especially if there are gutshot draws

I hope the "If he has KK, nh sir" means a pair of kings, like AK, or KJ and not KK in the hole or you have some MUBS issues

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, I am way, way off. I never thought of position of PFR. Damn, I learned something and probably filled a huge hole in my game. Well said, thanks.
Old 09-03-2005, 02:55 AM

You mean on the flop? As far as I count, it's 9handed preflop (2 folds, MP1, MP2, MP3, CO, 2 Folds (Button, SB), Hero (BB)) and then you should select your starting hands considering the possibility of domination later in the hand, don't you?

Regards