Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-06-2005, 05:55 PM

Default Re: Jesus saves

[ QUOTE ]
the necessity of meeting the guy in person is a big red herring----you know that , or should. i think it's great that chris is outspoken in his beliefs---more people should make it clear where they stand. next? he may bring someone around to his way of thinking.....so what? the fact that he is an unprincipled attention seeker is a different issue.....................b

[/ QUOTE ]

but so is the real jesus!!!
Old 11-06-2005, 06:11 PM

'is'....? please go over to the lighted part of the bar so you can see better. the world might look different. imaginary objects may dissappear..................b
Old 11-06-2005, 08:13 PM

the funny thing is the "jesus" your talking about is not the "jesus" this thread is talking about
Old 11-06-2005, 10:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
the necessity of meeting the guy in person is a big red herring----you know that , or should. i think it's great that chris is outspoken in his beliefs---more people should make it clear where they stand. next? he may bring someone around to his way of thinking.....so what? the fact that he is an unprincipled attention seeker is a different issue.....................b

[/ QUOTE ]

Your response to my post is a straw man. I never said there was some necessity of meeting the guy in person. I said you would think differently about him if you did. I have met him in person and had some interaction with him. There was zero indication that he was an attention whore or elitist. In fact, he seemed like nothing more than a friendly, intelligent, down to earth guy. I strongly believe if you met him, you would feel similarly.

You choose to think what you want and not understand others. That's your prerogative. But, when no one else agrees with you, it might be an indication that reconsidering your opinion is in order.

You can appreciate and enjoy attention that comes your way without being an attention whore, IMO. I believe Ferguson fits that description.

How, exactly, is Chris Ferguson unprincipled? Is it just because he allows the nickname Jesus to stick? If that's all you've got, it's a pretty weak argument as others have pointed out.

He lets people do what they feel like doing. I wish more people would do the same.
Old 11-06-2005, 10:17 PM

Hey clowns, Cris Ferguson is not the subject the OP is talking about.
Old 11-06-2005, 10:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Th OP is talking a bout a player who plays on Live At the Bike who name is Jesus (Hey Zuse) Get it? Geesh
Old 11-07-2005, 08:50 AM

this thread is not about this guy.

Old 11-07-2005, 02:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, looks like the thread morphed into something else.
I'm sure the 3 (you were the first) posts saying the exact same thing in a row will help people out. Heh.

I don't know why people are all excited pointing fingers and shouting "You're wrong!" Seems like a pretty understandable confusion to me.
Old 11-07-2005, 03:03 PM

I think the period key on your keyboard is stuck .......................................