Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-02-2005, 04:18 PM

Default those moments in music

So I'm listening to Joe Cocker's "With a little help from my friends", from Woodstock. From 4:54 - 4:57 he lets out one of the most impressive, "here's everything i have" type of screams....just gets me every time...

I realized that there songs that I love often have one of these moments in them...

Alice in Chains, Man in the Box, 3:51...such amazing vocals, I hadn't heard the song before and that moment stopped me mid shot in a pool match and made me stand there for a sec....

Layla, around 3:01 as Duane Allman's solo is just wailing away...

Freebird live (14:08 version)...damn, pretty much the whole solo...its just keeps building and building....some of my favorite minutes of guitar playing ever....must be played loud...

Stairway, right around 6:45 as everything comes together and lets loose....

SRV's version of little wing, around 5:55....he just lets rip with such a great note....

These are mostly all guitar soloing type crescendos...but these moments exist across music and genres...when it all comes together, when the song and artist give you everything they've got....I've found these moments in random songs that showed me something about an artist I've never heard of, and then subsequently loved....

So lets have it OOT...songs you love, the moments that define them, their artist, that make you say "damn"....