Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-14-2005, 12:59 PM

Default Lets hear your site reviews

Just wondering what site(s) everyone plays at and their reviews of others?

Here are my top 5 rankings (in order) from the sites I've played at... just to let you know I haven't played at any of these sites for real money so cant comment on their reliability/support ect... Im basically ranking them on my preference of graphics,gameplay,free rolls ect...

1. PokerStars
2. Absolute Poker
3. TigerGaming
4. Pacific Poker
5. True Poker

PokerStars I like because their software is good, there are good freeroll tournaments every few hours, and I enjoy the overall atmosphere. Plus the gameplay is quick and smooth, good lobby layout and stats.
I put Absolute Poker at number 2 only because of their FREE ROLL tournaments. They have at least a free roll every hour it seems which I play the most. Their software isnt the greatest, and they give too much time for slow players, but overall it's not a bad site. Best for tournaments I think.
TigerGaming I think has the slickest graphics, nicest layout and probably my favourite to play at. I would play at TigerGaming all the time and would be the only place but I won't because they are the worst for tournament play. Seems like tourneys dont even exist there.
PacificPoker is the first site I've played at, many years ago, and glad to see it's still considered one of the top pokersites. Another good site for smooth graphics, nothing fancy but has good gameplay and not too slow (a slow site is my biggest problem, I like quick gameplay, no laggers). Good traffic and the ease of competition is fairly good... I seem to have good luck at Pacific.
TruePoker is a site I played at alot, but like alot of people I got tired of their 3D atmosphere (which at first is pretty cool, the different characters ect, but the chatting effects get annoying at times). They also lack good tournaments and their software is designed for 400x600 resolution it seems, dunno why. The gameplay is pretty good though, overall it's a good starting site for players looking for just fun play.

Some other sites I played at and thought were decent were Royal Vegas Poker. Overall it isnt a bad site but I think theres alot better out there. FairPoker, a site similar to TruePoker and Noble, basically a fancy 3D engine that again, gets boring.

Now the sites I disliked.... PartyPoker. When I first heard this site as the busiest and most popular I signed up and once I played there for a few hours it was enough for me. I hated the software and graphics. NoblePoker, the moment I signed on I had one of the online support operators open a window and nag me to deposit money and offer me a sign up bonus ect. I ran into this a few times, so I wasn't to keen on it right from the start (probably explains the low traffic). And for play money it's horrible, very few tables. And overall the traffic here is minimal, maybe 500 online, granted, it is a fairly new site. Their graphics I admit are pretty good, better than TruePoker's 3D layout.
PokerRoom, well I cant say its a bad site, but in my opinion I didnt like anything about it all. Like partypoker I dislike their cheesy player graphics, the chat bubbles ect... just the entire layout turned me off.

Anyways, those are just my reviews/opinions, and to remind you I only play for fun (at the moment, lol) and not judging these sites as for payouts ect.
Some of you may agree,disagree with what I think of these sites but again, just my opinion.

Lets hear your reviews of some online poker sites.
Which ones are your favourites and which ones would you never play at again?

Good Luck at the tables!
Old 08-14-2005, 01:14 PM

Default Re: Lets hear your site reviews

Review of Partypoker:

I like Partypoker because it has a lot of players who play worse poker than I do.
Old 08-14-2005, 01:36 PM

Absolute has best bonuses

Tiger Gaming rake structure sucks.
Old 08-14-2005, 01:48 PM

I like play pokah. Pokah is ni!

Get out of the kiddie pool and start making some moves! Bill Fillmaff didn't become Worldwide Poker Champion by playing in freerolls!
Old 08-14-2005, 04:26 PM

Delete 2-5 from your computer, download UB and Party. Now you have the 3 best sites.
Old 08-14-2005, 04:45 PM

I think if you polled this forum about which site was considered the worst, it is quite likely that your fourth favorite (Pacific) would have finished first.

Personally...

1. Empire (Party)
2. PokerStars
3. PokerRoom

With the addition of rakeback, PokerStars EASILY moves into the number one spot.
Old 08-14-2005, 05:09 PM

how could anyone have pacific poker ahead of party poker? pacific poker is horrendous in comparison. Party has the best game selection and very few glitches. pacific poker is very annoying to use and their payouts take a week to process.
Old 08-14-2005, 05:34 PM

I don't consider any site that only offers one table at a time. Maybe for certain MTT's, but in general they're a waste of time.
Old 08-14-2005, 06:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
PacificPoker is the first site I've played at, many years ago, and glad to see it's still considered one of the top pokersites

[/ QUOTE ]
wrong
[ QUOTE ]
Another good site for smooth graphics, nothing fancy but has good gameplay and not too slow

[/ QUOTE ]
wrong
[ QUOTE ]
Good traffic and the ease of competition is fairly good

[/ QUOTE ]
wrong

you list is terrible besides poker stars and maybe AP b/c of their plethora of bonuses they offer.
Old 08-14-2005, 06:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Review of Partypoker:

I like Partypoker because it has a lot of players who play worse poker than I do.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bingo!