Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-13-2005, 07:12 PM

Default How badly did I play this one?

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls, Button calls, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (7 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(7 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, MP2 folds, <font color="#CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, Button folds, SB folds, BB folds, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 caps</font>, CO calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (9.50 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, CO calls, Hero calls.

River: (12.50 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, CO calls, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 14.50 BB

The whole thing just seemed clumsy on my part, I kept calling all their reraises, then finally gave it up at the end.
Old 08-13-2005, 07:18 PM

Default Re: How badly did I play this one?

Raise preflop for many reasons.
This is really read depended. What kind of players are CO and MP1? They are both telling you they can beat top pair. If you believe them, you can find a fold.
Old 08-13-2005, 07:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is really read depended. What kind of players are CO and MP1? They are both telling you they can beat top pair. If you believe them, you can find a fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

i think one of them could be on a heart draw -_-
Old 08-13-2005, 07:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I hadn't been at the table long enough to get much of a read on them. As for raising preflop... I'm a fairly new player, I've been following the preflop advice from SSHE. They advise just limping in from early position in a tight table with KQ. You think this is not the best advice for online microlimit tables?
Old 08-13-2005, 07:37 PM

Well obviously the table is not tight [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
And generally most posters will tell you to raise KQ from early position in microlimit games.
Old 08-13-2005, 07:48 PM

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In Antwort auf:</font><hr />
And generally most posters will tell you to raise KQ from early position in microlimit games.

[/ QUOTE ]

... and will go on a holy crusade to prove their point [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 08-13-2005, 08:14 PM

Reads help.

You have to think, MP1 REALLY likes his hand. Like a set or the J10 straight. I doubt this is a draw.

Maybe it seems weak, But I find a fold when it comes back to me two on the flop if any of those players are remotely passive.

Given that you didn't, I think the river fold sucks too. You're closing the action, and getting 14:1.
Old 08-13-2005, 08:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 08-13-2005, 08:41 PM

KQo is either limp or raise preflop. Suited is always a raise.
Old 08-13-2005, 10:00 PM

Limping from any position with a top pair hand will get you branded with a scarlet F on 2+2. This hand illustrates why. You're almost certainly behind to Q9, Q8, 98, maybe 99 or 88...some of which would have folded or made expensive cold-calls had you raised PF.

PF- raise
Flop- Think long and hard before you call this one. You're geting 6.5 to 1 on calling the 3-bet. At absolute best you have 5 outs (3 K, 2 Q). The Q may be dead already. You need more like 9 to 1 to be calling this. The further possibility of MP's capping makes this real ugly.

Turn and river are fine.