Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-26-2005, 07:48 AM

Default What Is Your Move Here?

B&M $200 max. buy in NL. A regular player constantly raises to $25 pre flop from late position. Usually gets 2-3 callers.If flop is 2 suited and checked or bet small to him he will usually raise to $50 or $75. While doing so he will slam his chips into the pot enthusiasticaly and announce "lets keep the flush draws out". I have never seen him get called but only played with him 8 hours tops over 3 sessions.

I just finished Caros Book Of Tells.I have not played B&M since reading the book. I am still studying it. I have an idea on what I want to do next time I am there and he makes this move but I want to know what some you more experienced guys would do. Thank You.
Old 06-26-2005, 04:13 PM

Default Re: What Is Your Move Here?

Depends on your hand and position. Your opponent appears to like position raising. If you have a strong hand, re-raise pre-flop. If you have a speculative hand, get enough callers to his raise to make your hand profitable, and are not afraid of a re-raise then flat call. If you hit your hand on the flop, let him bet for you. Also, don't bet your stack solely on a percieved tell-- it is a sure way to loose your bankroll.
Old 06-26-2005, 06:47 PM

Default Re: What Is Your Move Here?

when you act based upon a tell youre changing your play from OPTIMUM STYLISTIC PLAY to something else

id say make sure his strength is really an act before you move on this guy