Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-08-2005, 04:38 PM

Default Where do you want to be against someone who always steals...SB or BB?

Against someone who is like 35/18/1.8 or somewhere around that but steals nearly 90% of the time when it's folded to them on the button and probably 70-80% when in the CO would you rather be in the SB or BB. This person is probably typically calling down a lot with stats of 35-40 and win with 40-45.

I'm thinking when you have the option to sit down and there are two spots open to the right of your player and one of the direct right, which is better?

I'm thinking in the SB you could 3 bet a lot to get rid of the BB and that's a free BB in there.
If you are in the BB you could call a lot more and then try to out play postflop.

Since you are leaving an open spot to either your left or right for a random player to come, what's the better risk?

I personally usually choose the BB as I think too people fold the SB against stealers, including myself because maybe they don't want to go to war or just are more tight.
Old 11-08-2005, 04:57 PM

Default Re: Where do you want to be against someone who always steals...SB or

SB you have 3 to 5 odds on a call with 1 player to act so you can lay most weak hands down, and BB you have 1:3.5 if SB folds and even better 1 to 5 if he calls so your variance may increase because you will be calling with pretty anything agianst a player who plays that much.

I would say if you could outplay this guy after the flop without position then BB would be good, otherwise SB is safer, less variance.
Old 11-08-2005, 05:09 PM

Default Re: Where do you want to be against someone who always steals...SB or BB?

if 35/18/1.8 is a strong player for this game you want to be in his BB. if he is a weak player for this game, you want to be in his SB.

The reason doesnt have anything to do with steals though, it is because you will have position and opportunity to isolate a lot more in other hands.

If it is 3 or 4 handed, then your question is more important, and you would have to decide if he is worth tanlgin with more you can pcik 2 away if you want his CO/button vs your SB/BB, or next to him you get his button/SS to you SB/BB I think i have that right but not sure.
Old 11-08-2005, 05:40 PM

Default Re: Where do you want to be against someone who always steals...SB or

3 to 4 handed I usually want to have the button and them to be in the SB, BUT, if more important to me would be to be away from their Button when I'm in the SB.