Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling

Old 01-23-2005, 01:47 AM

Default Got to Step 5, any words of wisdom?

I got tired of getting my head beat in playing limit poker to clear the latest Party bonus and decided to take a break and try the single table NL step tournament thing. After 3 tries at step 1, I got into step 2 and bounced up and down the different steps for a while; 2-> 3-> 2-> 3-> 3-> 4-> 5.

I'm thrilled, of course, but never played a SnG larger than $50, so the $1000 level all of a sudden looks a bit scary (somehow I put it out of my mind at the $200 and $500 level).

Anyone have some experience with these and some helpful thoughts? How likely am I to see some of the same folks if I data mine the step 4 & 5 tables for a while before taking the plunge?

thanks,

Shauna
Old 01-23-2005, 02:01 AM

Default Re: Got to Step 5, any words of wisdom?

Shauana, I have been there - here is my advice.

Watch the players for 3-4 hours if you can to pick up on their play style. You WILL with a bare minimum of 2-3 regulars at that level.

Also, remember there are others at the table in the same spot as you, they will be major TAG's - make sure you keep an eye out for them and play them appropriately.

You will have some PURE MANIACS, they will be easy to spot and go out early, pick on 'em while you can.

Other than that, looking back Step #2 was tougher competition than that level, I just made a couple stupid moves that cost me a bubble. Keep your A Game and you will be O.K. - I would love to root you on, make a post when you are about to play [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-23-2005, 02:04 AM

Oh yeah, put simply think more level 3 than level 4 as far as the overall game goes... Witha mix of level 1 as there is actual PLAY involved here, be ready for manipulatiion and some people who know how to mix it up well....
Old 01-23-2005, 02:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Oh yeah, put simply think more level 3 than level 4 as far as the overall game goes... Witha mix of level 1

[/ QUOTE ]
what the f*ck does that mean?

[ QUOTE ]
Other than that, looking back Step #2 was tougher competition than that level

[/ QUOTE ]
You obviously have no idea what you are talking about
Old 01-23-2005, 03:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Oh yeah, put simply think more level 3 than level 4 as far as the overall game goes... Witha mix of level 1

[/ QUOTE ]
what the f*ck does that mean?

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you really need to be a bitch? Could you ask without coming across the way you did? You asked for advice and I gave it - I would of explained further if you had been a little more reasonable in your reply, such as "Damn I have no idea what you mean, LOL"

You're a big girl with plenty of talent - figure it out for yourself.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Other than that, looking back Step #2 was tougher competition than that level

[/ QUOTE ]
You obviously have no idea what you are talking about

[/ QUOTE ]

This one I will explain so you know I am not a total idiot and WAS trying to help ...

Step #2 is FULL of tight players who have dropped from the Step #3 or Step #4 (and yes ALOT of those folks mainly Step 3 buyin direct) level amongst those who DEARLY value their $50 buyin or they are SO HAPPY they made it past step #1. This leads to a VERY tight game and out of allt he step tourneys, step #2 averages 10 minutes longer per game I have played past ANY of the length of the other levels (yes 4 included).

I didn't include Step #5 as i have only made it that far two times, WAY to small of a sample size. Lighten up Shauna, I never knew you to have a "Holier than thou" attitude and didn't expect it out of you......

I'll make sure i don't respond to "ANY" of your posts in the future though as not to misconstrue the fact I may be just posting useless information you miscomprehended.

Edited portion : So you understand, step #2 you have to be in top 20% to advance and not make the tourney a waste of your time, step #5 - Top 40% ... I hope this clarifies at least someof the pointes I "WAS" trying to get across.
Old 01-23-2005, 03:25 AM

My advice is to take your freeroll and play a limit step 5. The game is softer. Good luck, see you there.
Old 01-23-2005, 03:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I got tired of getting my head beat in playing limit poker to clear the latest Party bonus and decided to take a break and try the single table NL step tournament thing. After 3 tries at step 1, I got into step 2 and bounced up and down the different steps for a while; 2-> 3-> 2-> 3-> 3-> 4-> 5.

I'm thrilled, of course, but never played a SnG larger than $50, so the $1000 level all of a sudden looks a bit scary (somehow I put it out of my mind at the $200 and $500 level).

Anyone have some experience with these and some helpful thoughts? How likely am I to see some of the same folks if I data mine the step 4 & 5 tables for a while before taking the plunge?

thanks,

Shauna

[/ QUOTE ]

Shuana, my aplogies!! I am a stupid ass who didn't look at the name of the poster.. Saw bouncing breasts and thought female, LOL ...

If you have any questions please feel free to PM Me and I will elaborate further on my experiences if you think it may help. As you could see by my post, I didn't think that was the type of post I would see from you - thank god it was some clueless idiot [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-23-2005, 03:59 AM

I responded to your post with such disdain because the suggestion that competition in Step 2 is tougher than the comptetion in Step 4 or 5 is ridiculous. Since you admitted that your sample size of step 5 tournaments is small, then why did you even make the comment? After 500 posts you should know that the suggestion that a higher buyin tournament is easier than a lower buyin tournament on the same site is ludicrous.
Old 01-23-2005, 04:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I responded to your post with such disdain because the suggestion that competition in Step 2 is tougher than the comptetion in Step 4 or 5 is ridiculous. Since you admitted that your sample size of step 5 tournaments is small, then why did you even make the comment? After 500 posts you should know that the suggestion that a higher buyin tournament is easier than a lower buyin tournament on the same site is ludicrous.

[/ QUOTE ]

Re-Read everything I posted with an unbiased view and post when you have spent more time in forumns besides the OT forumn where the majority of your posts appear to be.
Old 01-23-2005, 04:12 AM

I played four Step 5's today, two seconds and two OTM's. These things are filled with real players that buyin to this level for the $1000 AND multitable them. I've been DM them for about 10 days this time. I'm up good money at this level, but I know this level, even with good game selection, is -EV for me. I just use it to cash in my earn from the lower two levels.

The two lower levels have many less full-time pros AND the few fish that have some how, against all odds, have swan up stream from the lower levels.

Best advice, watch some $500 and when a couple of live ones win watch for them to sit down in the few minutes after it's over.

Best of luck.

MS Sunshine