Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments

Old 12-15-2005, 05:49 PM

Default Two hands from the noon-o-clock $109 on party (hand one)

267 runners, 15 remain when the following comes up, while 7 handed. I had been opening a little more than my fair share of pots, as my stack was relatively large, and the table relatively tight. Anyways, hand 1, blinds 500/1000:
Hero: t19,xxx
Villain: t8,344
Villain is a thinking TAG. I don't recognize his screenname, but it's TheRealBeat, and I think some of you might.
Hero is UTG+1 with T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
1 fold, Hero opens for 2600, 4 folds, Villain calls.
Flop: (t6700)
A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Villain pushes for 5744, your move...?
Old 12-15-2005, 06:14 PM

Default Re: Two hands from the noon-o-clock $109 on party (hand one)

Based on the stack sizes I would assume he called as part of a stop and go - he would have pushed any flop he didn't hit hard. You're getting almost 2-1 - half the time you'll see a weaker ace or K and the other half you'll see an underpair or air. Make the call and hope this time it's the latter.
Old 12-15-2005, 06:30 PM

I call here 101% of the time. 20% of the time he shows me a K or an A. the rest - all crap that you have dominated - more often flush draws.

bets like this are soooo fishy. Meaning, if he had an A or K, why would he push and scare you a way? If he had an A or K he would CR most likely. Unless or course, he knows that you know, that he knows....:-)

All of that said, I searched pocket fives and your villian is number 5 on their top 75 list!! Here are the notes on him

TheBeat (4) Pokerstars | UltimateBet | Paradise | Partypoker
Pete Giordano in real life. PeteTheBeat on Paradise and TheRealBeat on Party. Top 5 on PokerStars TLB in 2002, 2003, and 2004. Made final table of Foxwoods WPT. Few match his consistently excellent play.

So knowing that about our villian, I am not sure how to play it. He could be tricky enough to push into you hoping that you will see perceive it as weakness and call him. Ugg. Not so clear now! help!
Old 12-15-2005, 06:41 PM

http://www.pocketfives.com/1E54D586-...C12E74D63.aspx

TheRealBeat is ranked #5 on pocket fives. He may be pulling a stop n' go, he may not. Just because a guy is a pro, doesn't mean they're always making moves. Unless you have a good read, then I think you have to fold with two overcards.