Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium-Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-11-2005, 09:13 PM

Default Re: $400nl session video.

My thoughts were similar to Iceman's, plus

(5) What did people think about the call from the BB with T8s, followed by the flop lead into the raiser?

Generally (with a couple of exceptions) you were tighter/less aggressive than I expected, ie for a winning 2/4 6 max player ... (leading me to believe I'm too loose and aggressive at the moment!)
Old 12-11-2005, 09:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]

1) I didnt like either 44 hand towards the beginning

[/ QUOTE ]
the 44 vs. AK hand, I thought that pot was mine for sure, oh well.

[ QUOTE ]

2) You overbet the turn on the QT hand where you flopped 2 pair from the BB. He called though so I guess it was fine. I wouldve bet less though

[/ QUOTE ]
Was just a pot sized bet. That's what i usually bet out in un-raised pots.

[ QUOTE ]

3) Dont like the call on the min raise in SB with KT

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, that's too borderline.

[ QUOTE ]

4) Wasnt crazy about you raising the turn on the T7s hand when you caught the flush draw. I wouldve folded, but I actually wouldve bet the flop on the hand even though you had nothing. Flush over flush sucks. Not much you can do on the river but call.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm double-gutted as well, but since neither an 8 nor Q gives me even close to the nuts I prefered to take the aggressive approach and try to win the pot there / force others out.

[ QUOTE ]

Looked like a pretty uneventful session for the most part.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, it's tough to know in advance if a session is gonna be eventful, just figured I'd get the ball rolling. If no-one even bothered downloading this stuff I'm not gonna spend a whole lot of time editing recording new sessions. Just a few comments like this is worth it.

[ QUOTE ]
Whats you VIP%?

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm 24.82/13.36, but it's very different from session to session depending on what the table is like.

Thanks for taking the time to watch the video and comment.
Old 12-11-2005, 09:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]

(5) What did people think about the call from the BB with T8s, followed by the flop lead into the raiser?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, that's basicly the hand i felt the least sure about.
notapot2pisin is 44/14.67/4 in 150hands.

astewartct is at seat 0 with $402.50.
noplayinfool is at seat 1 with $339.70.
Meechigan is at seat 2 with $332.40.
notapot2pisin is at seat 3 with $366.10.
JASONHOOV is at seat 4 with $96.
Tilt Monkey is at seat 5 with $1101.20.
The button is at seat 3.

JASONHOOV posts the small blind of $2.
Tilt Monkey posts the big blind of $4.

astewartct: -- --
noplayinfool: -- --
Meechigan: -- --
notapot2pisin: -- --
JASONHOOV: -- --
Tilt Monkey: T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Pre-flop:

astewartct folds. noplayinfool folds. Meechigan
folds. notapot2pisin raises to $12. JASONHOOV
folds. Tilt Monkey calls.

Flop (board: 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]):

Tilt Monkey bets $26. notapot2pisin calls.

Turn (board: 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]):

Tilt Monkey checks. notapot2pisin bets $50. Tilt
Monkey folds. notapot2pisin is returned $50
(uncalled).

[ QUOTE ]

Generally (with a couple of exceptions) you were tighter/less aggressive than I expected, ie for a winning 2/4 6 max player ... (leading me to believe I'm too loose and aggressive at the moment!)

[/ QUOTE ]
Who said I was a winning player? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] Anyway, I have 30/22 sessions too when i feel like the table warrents it, just felt that with the loose/bad shortstacks and semi-aggro, I was better off just waiting for solid hands (and apparently calling with junk from the blinds...........).
Old 12-11-2005, 09:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Looks like you're calling raises in the blinds with some marginal hands and not raising in position with your aces. Saw a couple of A7-A8 hands that could be raised on the button or CO when its been folded to you. I'd fold hands like KTo in the SB to a raise, you're OOP with a marginal hand so it'll very tough to play and will get you in trouble. I also fold 55 to the re-raise that came from the BB after UTG raised and you called since UTG bailed to the raise also.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, definitly a leak in my game. This is the sort of stuff that's hard to catch from just posting an occasional hand on 2+2 and the sort of stuff i'm also hoping to hear.
Old 12-11-2005, 09:26 PM

only watched 5 min so far

didn't like it when u bluffed into AK with 44
the only hands (except maybe 22-33)that call ur turn bet with 44 on KKK9 beat you...just check it down.
Raiseing with K9o when theres one limper and ur on the button is questionable IMO.
Old 12-11-2005, 09:41 PM

Once it got to 4 and 5 handed I think you were way too tight. At least limp in with A8/A9 on the button, especially because the UTG guy was playing really agressively PF. If he had a better ace, you would know about it.
Old 12-11-2005, 09:42 PM

Also, that T7s I would rather raise that than call here. You aren't going to win monster pots often because flushes are obvious, yours isn't the nuts and T7 doesn't make a lot of straights.
Old 12-11-2005, 09:55 PM

I fold T7s to this raise in the BB because there is nobody else in the pot, you're OOP, and you most likely have to hit big to continue the hand (and won't get paid off enough when you do).

Since you did call pf, if you choose to continue the hand I think you have to put pressure on him. By betting out the pot on the flop you're showing that you either have a drawing hand or a hand that doesn't want to continue. Try taking it down by check-raising him instead, or just fold.
Old 12-11-2005, 10:55 PM

the hand where u had A9 u should have raised pf.
After u didn't raise on flop and floped TPTK and the guy to ur left minraised u should make the decision there how u will proceed with the hand. Calling the minraise then check folding the turn is no good IMO, either fold to minraise on flop or lead turn.

-I keep watching

PS what did u use to make these videos?
Old 12-11-2005, 10:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
the hand where u had A9 u should have raised pf.
After u didn't raise on flop and floped TPTK and the guy to ur left minraised u should make the decision there how u will proceed with the hand. Calling the minraise then check folding the turn is no good IMO, either fold to minraise on flop or lead turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I rewatched the video myself and I agree with this.

Keep em coming!

[ QUOTE ]

PS what did u use to make these videos?

[/ QUOTE ]

http://pokeravi.com/tutorial.html