Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-10-2005, 07:27 AM

Default Blind Battle 4 handed

I've been raising the last couple of hands since a couple players left and it went to 4-handed. Villian just recently came to the table and hasn't played many hands so no reads. This is the first time he's called in his BB after I've raised his blind.

I wanted to keep the pot small since this was the first time he played back at me. His turn bet looked like he had a pretty good hand and his river bet seemed like he wanted to get paid off. Should I be throwing out a blocking bet on the river?

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (6 max, 4 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Hero ($427)
BB ($183)
UTG ($47.60)
Button ($248.70)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. Hero posts a blind of $1.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero (poster) raises to $7</font>, BB calls $6.

Flop: ($16) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $12</font>, BB calls $12.

Turn: ($40) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets $20</font>, Hero calls $20.

River: ($80) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets $55</font>, Hero ???.
Old 12-10-2005, 09:02 AM

Default Re: Blind Battle 4 handed

bet the turn.

as played check fold on the river is fine because i dont think any hands you are beating value bet the river an most of the hands he could of been semi/bluffing turn with got there.

paul