Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-10-2005, 01:44 AM

Default Call or raise the river?

UTG after 21 hands is 64/0/0.4. Plays darn near any 2 cards as long as one of them has a face, and also plays any pair. The rest of the table is pretty tight, ~25-30% see the flop, less if there's a raise. SB is 5 <yes 5!!>/1/1.7 after 72 hands. I've already had the table fold to me while in the blinds once, rare at .10/.20. I was actually gonna start practicing some blind steals when the wife saw a mouse in the basement [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

PokerStars 0.10/0.20 Hold'em (8 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is CO with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG calls.

Flop: (7 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB folds, UTG calls.

Turn: (4.50 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls.

River: (6.50 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG calls.

Final Pot: 10.50 BB

I just had a hard time putting this guy on the diamond draw or a set. If he had 4 to the flush on the flop, I'd expect a bet, even from a passive guy, and if he had a set, a raise would would maybe come on the turn, or a check-raise on the river. At least, that was my thought process. The donk on the river just didn't add up for me. I figure he might have had Kx or Ax, or maybe a pocket pair, but I still think I'm ahead of this guy, so I raised. Is this a smart move, or should you just call?