Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-06-2005, 05:13 PM

Default Jack Adamo\'s Article on AC

In this month's Two Plus Two Magazine, Jack Adamo has an article outlining the various Atlantic City poker rooms. Am I the only one who noticed a few inaccuracies?

The most notable I saw was that he says that the Sit & Go's pay to the top three unless otherwise noted. He goes on to mention Sit & Go's at the Taj Mahal & Showboat, without saying anything else. Aren't these shootouts? Unless they have changed in the last month or so, I could swear that these were all shootouts (most certainly at the Showboat).

Also, he mentions that the Borgata has 85 tables. Have they expanded the room already? I've only been to the Borgata once (in August, I believe), but there's no way they had 85 tables at the time, unless there were a large number I had not seen.

The only other misleading thing I noticed is that he mentions rooms spreading games, that sometimes are not actually spread with any frequency. For example, people have commonly written on here that the Showboat only had a 1/2 NL game going, whereas the article lists 2/5 and some other games (like stud), which I have never seen spread. Of course, after the WSOP Circuit event, business could pick up, but to my knowledge, these games are not commonly spread at the room.

I think Mr. Adamo's article is great, and a much needed resources for those who have never been to Atlantic City. I just wanted to see if these things I noticed are minor inaccuracies, or things that have recently changed.
Old 12-06-2005, 05:18 PM

Default Re: Jack Adamo\'s Article on AC

If I get around to it, I might submit an article that I think would much better reflect reality in Atlantic City for card players. We'll see...

Jeff
Old 12-06-2005, 05:19 PM

I believe this article has been discussed quite a bit in the Magazine Forum. I think other inaccuracies have been noted.

Regards,

T
Old 12-06-2005, 05:21 PM

Thanks for letting me know. I didn't realize there had already been a discussion about it. My apologies for the repeat post.
Old 12-06-2005, 08:47 PM

I would enjoy a high-stakes view of AC.