Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-30-2005, 06:15 PM

Default That\'s it for me!

I'm giving up on online poker.

I've read a stack of books 3 feet high, understand them, apply them (even after the flop, for those of you whose pat answer is always "you need to improve your post-flop play").

Yet I'm still down, and it doesn't seem like I'm going to do any better. I've hunted around for fishy sites, and found a couple, but the same tables where people play Jxo are the ones where people limp in with big hands, and you never know where you're at. Between the bad beats and hands where I'm drawing dead and don't know it, it's hard to make money. I usually go up a few bb, and then the cards run cold, so very cold.

I guess I'm not just not very lucky, but in an odd way. I've kept track and even though I get a set or pair on the flop, or make a straight or flush about the correct percentage of the time, either the pots are small or the board gets very scary and I can't get maximum value.

I would give an eye to flop an ace or king when I have AK, but I always seem to hit my bottom card when I have trash in the big blind.

I always get called when I am bluffing, but not when I am not (even when varyong my betting patterns).

Plus the absence of tells or even fake tells is killing me.

I guess I'll just cross my fingers and hope WV gets table games soon.