Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Psychology

Old 12-25-2005, 03:47 AM

Default I am stupid

How do you stop yourself from making those stupid plays? I moved up in a limit and just lost everything I made over the last 3 days. AHHHHHHHHHHHHh
Old 12-25-2005, 03:50 AM

Default Re: I am stupid

I got greedy on Christmas.....booooo
Old 12-25-2005, 03:50 AM

This is not a constructive use of anyone's time.

Also, 3 days worth of play means exactly zero.
Old 12-25-2005, 03:51 AM

The thing was was that I lost it playing 6max while someone was trying to help me. Then I moved to full-ring 2/4 and won it back to bring me to b/e. Now i'm back to day 1.

I know nobody cares, but it's an ongoing problem with my game. So it isn't a waste of time, it was a serious question in some sorts - How do you stop yourself from making stupid plays, the plays that are negative infinite EV.
Old 12-25-2005, 03:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The thing was was that I lost it playing 6max while someone was trying to help me. Then I moved to full-ring 2/4 and won it back to bring me to b/e. Now i'm back to day 1.

I know nobody cares, but it's an ongoing problem with my game. So it isn't a waste of time, it was a serious question in some sorts - How do you stop yourself from making stupid plays, the plays that are negative infinite EV.

[/ QUOTE ]

If it makes you feel any better I am in the middle of taking a drunken stab at $10/$20 (normally a $5/$10 player) and am down about $1,000 in the last 45 minutes. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 12-25-2005, 03:56 AM

You obviously have a bigger bankroll than I do. And it could be safe to say that overall you are in the green?

I am playing around breakeven, which makes me sick because I know I am better than that.
Old 12-25-2005, 03:59 AM

I'm in the green at $5/$10 over many hands, but I think I'm a little out of my depth right now. Could be variance, could be drunken donkiness. Meh, whatever.

Edit: 6-max is high variance. You will have a lot of these experiences. Just focus on making the right plays in the long run.
Old 12-25-2005, 04:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm in the green at $5/$10 over many hands, but I think I'm a little out of my depth right now. Could be variance, could be drunken donkiness. Meh, whatever.

Edit: 6-max is high variance. You will have a lot of these experiences. Just focus on making the right plays in the long run.

[/ QUOTE ]

My bout of stupidness is probably the result of not being able to sleep, and playing a MTT on Stars right now. I knew I needed to be ready for that big swing too, because I told myself it could happen, but I thought I would be able to win a little bit and move on. WRONG

So I learned my lesson. I still make stupid plays though. For example, I can take 100$ to the table, drain it to 30$ and then win back to 135$ and quit. Why not just win that 100$ on top of the 100$ I have and go on from there instead of winning it back when I'm way behind? That's my problem in a nutshell.
Old 12-25-2005, 04:04 AM

I hear you bro. Sounds like maybe we should both go to sleep lol.

Good luck,

Salty
Old 12-25-2005, 04:15 AM

Got dropped out of that MTT. I had AT, Guy limped with KK. Flop came xxT, I bet, he went allin, and I called. GAYNESS factor of 10!

So I drop back to my regular game and I'm showing green already. Maybe I can sleep a little better now, if at all.