Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments

Old 07-25-2005, 06:29 PM

Default Re: Need to write some articles on sit and gos

[ QUOTE ]
Are they seriously paying you enough to make it +EV?

[/ QUOTE ]

no1 that reads the articles will gain anyhting they wouldnt by reading 2+2, also, getting published in ANY form looks excellent on a resume. holla
Old 07-25-2005, 06:35 PM

I still don't think that's a good idea. I wouldn't do it and I don't know as much as you do. I can share and debate my ideas on 2+2 forum, but that's it. And that's because my knowledge CAME from 2+2 forum. And will continue to come. But to share my knowledge for some money and to have my name written above it... no way.

I would do it for lots of money, obviously. But I don't think that's the case here.

Write what EVERYBODY else writes in similar articles. Basic stuff. Add some examples to be more original. Why do you think all SNG articles look the same? Because their authors don't know anything else? Yeah, right!
Old 07-25-2005, 06:37 PM

How do you define a ton of money?
Old 07-25-2005, 06:45 PM

How many hours will you spend writing the article? Plus all other article related stuff like exchanging emails with the site, reading/writing in this topic etc...? Not to mention that you have taken this stuff so seriously that you are actually thinking about what to write! Now take that number of hours and calculate how much would you get playing poker online. Multiply by 10. If they pay more than that - fine.
Old 07-25-2005, 06:46 PM

ArticleS?! There are more of them? They have to pay a LOT!
Old 07-25-2005, 06:50 PM

I concur to a degree. Your real gain is being published, because someday 8-tabling will not be profitable, but having a career in the media will be.

So, take one of two approaches:

1 - Give them the absolute basics, and bore them to death with topics like where to play, how to start, and ROIs of good players.

2 - Get overly detailed on them and make their head hurt, so they stop reading and/or get so lost that they are actually hindered by the knowledge.

Or the third obvious approach: write and write and write about it. Give out this website and this forum. Refer to HOH and HOH2. You'll make our nightmare come true by flooding the market with basic strategy players. Then you'll laugh all the way to the bank when you publish your book titled "Beating the 2+2 Basic SNG Strategy".
Old 07-25-2005, 06:52 PM

Some of the FAQ stuff might be good for one article - what is ROI? How much can I expect? BR? Difference between sites? Variance, etc.
Old 07-25-2005, 06:55 PM

Number one looks cool. Let's be honest - people are interested in this stuff, they're asking all the time even here. Sites with SNGs, different formats (just describe everything, don't forget turbo SNGs on PokerStars [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] ), describe ROI and ITM calculations and what they mean. Show some examples, there's nothing better than to show some huge profit examples. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] That's definetly enough for the first article.
Old 07-25-2005, 06:59 PM

Here's some random ideas..

1) Basics
- preflop strategy early levels
- basic postflop advice early levels (eg don't get married to 2nd pair etc)
- adjusting preflop strategy as the blinds go up (no limping, avoid speculative hands) and explanation.
- Basic gap concept around the bubble

2) Intermediate
- importance of position
- small blind vs big blind pushing strategy
- how to put people on hand ranges when they push late (probably just some simple examples)
- basic hand ranges to push in common situations
- more bubble concepts, especially folding equity
- basic go for 1st ITM strategy
Old 07-25-2005, 06:59 PM

No way. He's not getting paid THAT much! It's all about his goal here. Is the goal to be the next Mike Caro?