Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 07-23-2005, 05:08 PM

Default Re: I\'m convinced PP sngs are seat dependant.

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] Eastbay's Power Fools... I mean Tools. Eastbay, tell us it's not true! That's why I can't always get the seat I want. It asks me for my "Eastbay's Power Tools ID" to continue.
Old 07-23-2005, 05:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
yugo and captsens:

no more namecalling. dynasty has started something that i think is brilliant: 2 day suspensions. brilliant!

captsens:

a) i'm pretty sure jen knows the math
b) i'm pretty sure doyle doesn't play T2 nearly as often as you think
c) beyond making you feel more comfortable at the table (which may have some EV to it) there is nothing to this sense that some seats are better than others.
d) it *may* be that good players tend to sit in those seats, who knows. that would make the players good, not the seats.
e) never confuse cause with effect.
f) you deserved to get a bit flamed for your OP, so calm the [censored] down.

yugo:

the correct answer is clearly orchids.

citanul

[/ QUOTE ]

I love it when the voice of reason steps in [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Seriously, thank you!

No, I'm absolutely am not surprised at the flaming on this post.
The title "I'm Convinced..." was meant with a bit of humor. I found Yugo's response not only to be void of any humor whatsoever (though I'm sure some might disagree on that), I found it to be downright underservedly nasty.

Probably a better title for the post might have been "What superstitions do you have at the SnGs?" or it might have been better posted in the "Psychology" forum. I like the SnG forum cause, well, that's what I play.

I sincerely apologize to Yugo if I offended him and for all the derogetory comments I made.
If someone fires at me verbally I have reflex to fire right back. That's not always a good thing.

Thanks Citanul for inspiring my apology.
Old 07-23-2005, 05:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I sincerely apologize to Yugo if I offended him and for all the derogetory comments I made.

[/ QUOTE ]

No way. I don't really take any comments directed towards me personally...I also don't spend any time worrying about whether or not I offend other people. That being said, once you're familiar with my posts and posting style, most people are hard pressed to view me as a 'mean' or offensive poster.
Anyway, you're my new favorite poster (filling the void left by TOW), [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].

Yugoslav
Who only actually quasi-hates one regular STT poster...
Old 07-23-2005, 05:49 PM

If you knew what was good for you, you'd stop even TRYING to defend yourself and just end your involvement with this thread. Also, change your screename ASAP as no one is going to take anything you say seriously ever again. Suicide isn't a bad option for you either. I heard chambers 2 and 6 do the job with the least amount of pain/mess. Just FYI.
Old 07-23-2005, 05:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]

You just called "the yugoslavian" a dumb american redneck.

When he called you "CaptDumbAsFuckingPossible," he might have been giving you too much credit.

Also, I'll need your name on Party. Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Here is a partial reprint of my apology to Yugo from my reply to citanul's post:
...I sincerely apologize to Yugo if I offended him and for all the derogetory comments I made...

Also, I didn't call him a dumb american redneck. What I said was:

"Your name calling, whether it's true or not, indicates much time spent in trailer parks watching the WWF."

It was a comment on his choice of words and what they indicate.

My name on PP is Jettlag. What's yours?
Old 07-23-2005, 05:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Here is a very strange but consistant phenomena I've found the party poker sngs. If i'm in a down swing I look at the seats that are winning. More often than not they are consistant winners. right now for me it seems to be seat 1 and 10 are the winners. Not only am I winning when I play those seats (particularly seat 10) but I get so lucky that it's riduculous. if i have TT against KK i flop the set.
If I have 9 8 against AA I make a straight. Even the table comments on my luck. I still apply the general SnG rules but when I sit in the "hot seat" I get great cards and the flops to go with them. Eventually the seats get cold and then I look for the next "hot seats". Anyone else experience this?

[/ QUOTE ]

Definitely. Pay no attention to these naysayers, they are closed minded jerks. These hot seats are best found not by trial and error, which wastes a lot of EV as they do move over time, but by the use of divining rods or dowsing pendulum. I am offering specially designed hot seat divining rods for $199. Traditional divining rods cannot navigate the interference between your energy field and your monitor's traditional "scientific" radiation field. These specially designed divining rods neutralize this interference, giving a high quality divining response. Precision, high performance hot seat divining rods for 8-tabling are available on a limited basis for $299. Hot seat dowsing pendulums are in a research phase, and I think their potential for finding the hot seats is even more spectacular. Don't get left behind, those getting in touch with their spiritual potential are taking this game to a new level.

eastbay

[/ QUOTE ]

Now THIS is a funny, clever post. I really did Laugh Out Loud.
Old 07-23-2005, 05:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL...are you f***ing high? I think I speak for everyone when I say you are one of the funniest/dumbest posters on this site. You suck. Keep it up.
Old 07-23-2005, 05:58 PM

Default Re: One true way and only one way

[ QUOTE ]
The hot-seat divining rod works! But it's not effective unless you have the formula for choosing the color of your cards.

While using the divining rod, you absolutely must choose Orange if you are in seats 2-5, but only in levels 1 and 4. The formula changes for every other blind increase except on Saturdays and Wednesdays when the reverse order is used.

This is a free tip.

To receive your complete guide on "Card color Super System for Winning Poker Players", have your credit card handy and scoot on over to: www.ImaWetDonkeyIdiot .com (no spaces)

Yugo uses this system, that's why he is so wealthy and successful.

[/ QUOTE ]

ROTFLMFAO
Old 07-23-2005, 06:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL...are you f***ing high? I think I speak for everyone when I say you are one of the funniest/dumbest posters on this site. You suck. Keep it up.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow. Another intelligent post. Your parents are obviously unaware of birth control. Are you? For the sake of intelligent life on earth I highly recommend using it.

Am I high? no, I'm just not afraid of you knowing my name on PP.
Old 07-23-2005, 06:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I am offering specially designed hot seat divining rods for $199. Traditional divining rods cannot navigate the interference between your energy field and your monitor's traditional "scientific" radiation field.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is an obvious scam, blatantly attempting to bilk the new and naive players.

Experienced pros know that the interference between your energy field and the radiation field is easily neutralized by an AFDB (Aluminum Foil Deflector Beanie). The scientific basis for this is documented here.

Just remember, shiny side out.

[/ QUOTE ]

OW it hurts! OMG that is funny.
Closed Thread