Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-23-2005, 12:55 AM

Default Dogs of the APS -- time to make a move?

BB here is a regular TAG (and suspected 2+2er), who typically plays straight ABC poker.

CO and Button are ideal players to play against -- looose and really passive.

Looking back, this may be a good play in a bigger pot, but the pot is too small to really try to play at.

[/ QUOTE ]Converted at PokerGeek
Absolute Limit Hold'em Ring - $2/$4 Stakes (6 max, 5 handed)

Preflop: Heroine is Small blind with 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls, Button calls, Heroine calls, Big blind checks

<font color="blue">This street is all about pancakes.</font>

Flop: (3.50 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Heroine checks, Big blind checks, CO checks, Button checks

<font color="blue">Hrm....</font>

Turn: (1.75 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Heroine checks, Big blind bets, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Heroine raises...

<font color="blue">I honestly think I am best here. The BB is aggro enough to have bet a 9 on that flop, so he may be making a play at the pot with overcards. This probably works a lot better if that 6 was a 4, or I had 88-77 (as he may be value betting a 6 here).

This has got to look like a really weird checkraise, though. Initially I thought I was clever as all hell, but given the board and the small-ass pot, it does not seem so good. Thoughts?</font>

-K
Old 12-23-2005, 01:31 AM

Default Re: Dogs of the APS -- time to make a move?

I would just lead the turn. If he raises, you can fold. If he calls you can C/F the river (I would think he would lead out a FD on the flop). By C/R'ing the only thing you are doing is putting in the most money when you are behind (I doubt he folds a better hand or calls a worse one).

If either of the LP's call, I would reevaluate on the river.