Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-11-2005, 07:33 AM

Default feels dirty (4 worst hands for the day)

Bleh hands for the day. Im sure it will only take u a min or two to spot and tell me if u see soemthing wrong (I did not want to spam the forum, so I kept them all in one place). of them all I think Hand 2 stands out. As far as bleh, I mean, missed bets, calls when I should have folded, etc.

Hand 1 I had not seen much out of this guy at this point, so no reads here. I seroiusly wanted to put in another raise here.

PokerStars 5/10 Hold'em (6 handed)

Preflop: Hero is SB with J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG calls.

Flop: 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG caps</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls.

Hand 2 Same guy as Hand 1. Apparently, even though I know I should, I do not fold.

PokerStars 5/10 Hold'em (5 handed)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls, Button calls, Hero completes, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, MP calls, Button calls, Hero calls.

Flop: 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, MP folds, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, Button calls, Hero calls.

Turn: 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Button calls, Hero WANTS TO FOLD BUT CALLS ANYWAY, so hero calls.

River: Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Button folds, Hero calls.

Hand 3 Different guy, but I had not seen him donk a lot. Maybe a draw once, usually had something. Regardless, since I now suck multiplayer poker Id thought Id relearn how to fold. Im assuming his is the general move in this situation, so maybe this hand shouldnt be here, but regardless, I wasnt sure. (sucky kicker, flush board, A is out, but 3 handed pot)

PokerStars 5/10 Hold'em (3 handed)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
Button calls, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero folds.

Hand 4 I have a super hard time folding in these situations. BB is same player as in hand 3. I dunno, his 3bet was kind of strong, but I hate hate these situations and they come up often. I was trying to figure if I should raise flop, but that was bleh, raise turn seemed bleh...I suck at folding but I was kind of lost on whether to fold turn or call down.

PokerStars 5/10 Hold'em (3 handed)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

River: 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Old 12-11-2005, 07:52 AM

Default Re: feels dirty (4 worst hands for the day)

Apart from what you already know about hand 2, the rest are standard to me. What do you think about calling the flop raise and check/raising the turn in hand 1?
Old 12-11-2005, 08:21 AM

its a possible line, but I like 3betting usually when Im OOP. The only unfortunate thing is when they cap u. Dunno, I wanted to put in another bet or raise in Hand 1, but I thought getting 3bet sucked. But if u think about possible hands he could have unless hes fastplaying a set, its either worse K or two pair.

Hand 4, I thought about raising the flop...then felt I get 3bet often due to the nature of the board, then on the turn I didnt really want to raise and get 3bet losing out on the chance to possible suck out on a 2-5 outer. If anybody folds Hand 4, please speak up.
Old 12-11-2005, 08:24 AM

i probably raise hand 3, SB donk bets are so common where i play so they usually get raised.

Rest looks ok, except hand 2 but you know you should fold turn. Tough to fold TP...
Old 12-11-2005, 08:52 AM

I think putting any more bets in hand 1 would be spewing without a read. There's no point in betting the turn since he's probably going to call when he's behind and raise when ahead, and isn't taking a free card, and even if you plan on folding to a 3 bet if you check/raise (which sucks when he has 2 pair) you might scare him into calling down 2 pair or something so we might lose another bet anyway. On the river I wouldn't feel comfortable bet/folding and I don't think we're ahead often enough to bet/call, even though we did just draw out on K3. I think KQ is a possible holding also, and you never know if he's a nut who had a 9.

In hand 4 I prefer getting to showdown or raising on a street where a 3 bet means I'm toast. I don't think you're that far ahead on the flop, and I don't know if I could find a fold if he 3 pops the cheap street.
Old 12-11-2005, 09:36 AM

posting blind.

1 is fine and putting in another raise would be chipspewing imo.

2 i agree, you should fold turn. bb raised pf and then bet/3bet flop. and worse yet button is still sticking around. small ace no good.

3 this is a tiny pot and loose players love to play any a. you could be folding the best hand here but i don't think much harm is done. maybe play on if you have a read.

4 this is fine. if a K fell on the river a fold might be correct. i have a problem, i keep calling down with AThigh in this situation, and it's never good. i hate folding [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 12-11-2005, 09:50 AM

hand 1 i like
hand 2 fold the turn yeah.
hand 3 is not a bad fold, reverse implieds and all
hand 4 i raise the flop and fold the turn if it's 3bet and i don't improve. If it's flat called i either bet the turn and fold to a c/r, or check the turn behind and consider calling a river donk UI depending on the texture of the board.
Old 12-11-2005, 09:55 AM

dunno, maybe they were not so bleh (except hand 2). Just kind of a bad poker day, and Im probably being results oriented. But seriously, I wish there was another way around Hand 4s situation. The only thing I see that can be changed is the flop, which while making it cheaper if u are behind (getting 3bet and folding turn)...it also has the sideeffects of sometimes getting u to fold the best hand, stopping bluffs, etc. Dunno, I always hate feeling like a fish after those hands, but it probably can not be helped.

Hand 3: I guess I should have rephrased the question to be when do u play on with this hand and what do u do if u do. But really the answer takes care of it self depending on the pot size.
Old 12-12-2005, 03:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]

hand 4 i raise the flop and fold the turn if it's 3bet and i don't improve. If it's flat called i either bet the turn and fold to a c/r, or check the turn behind and consider calling a river donk UI depending on the texture of the board.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah thats my usual line. I just felt I was getting 3bet by a good amount of hands here. But also, if u check out tstones Blind stealing threads...those are blind battles, but it really appears that many ppl like going to showdown instead of being aggressive and possibly stopping a multistreet bluff. Your line, for the most part, is usually the line I take.
Old 12-12-2005, 04:00 AM

Hand 1 is good.
Hand 2 you know the error.
Hand 3 is good since your kicker is garbage and you haven't seen him donk often.
Hand 4 - Typically I raise the flop since I'm unfamiliar with other lines and how they work.