Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-21-2005, 09:35 PM

Default Re: Getting thrown out of a Vegas poker room

[ QUOTE ]
He didn't like that nickname as was made clear. At one point he is asking me to step outside and fight him, which is highly, highly amusing on multiple levels.

[/ QUOTE ]

When I was at the Mirage 3 months ago, some young douche started calling this guy from New York gay. The guy got so pissed after about 1 hour, he got up from his seat, jumped the table and nailed the guy upon the eyes and mouth until his nose broke.

It was the funniest thing I've ever seen...anyway I digress, the old man winter thing is fun, a little name calling never hurt anyone, but the check it down [censored], that would piss me the F off. I'm not surprised it happened at the Bellagio though, their managers and floors are not very kind to the "common folk".
Old 11-21-2005, 09:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I've come to the conclusion that the B&M forum regulars are pretty nitty

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-21-2005, 09:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The old man was a retired Navy Seal Self-defense instructor.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hahahahahaha! Too bad no one had a video camera.
Old 11-21-2005, 09:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The old man was a retired Navy Seal Self-defense instructor.

[/ QUOTE ]

Two questions:

1. Was his name Rudy?

2. Did he call you a queer?
Old 11-21-2005, 10:14 PM

I went to one of them schools where there were fights every day, so I've seen plenty of street fights. Let me tell you, although I knew the old dude, so I knew how it would end. It was quite the fight. I'm pretty sure he hurt the guy pretty seriously. I'll tell you, a good fight sure slows the games down though.
Old 11-21-2005, 11:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I've come to the conclusion the 2+2 community is pretty nitty

[/ QUOTE ]

2nded.

Especially ominomo or whatever the hell it is.

I think he's the wife-beater that got shant kicked out.
Old 11-22-2005, 04:58 AM

I haven't had the time to read much of this thread (sitting here in my Vegas hotel room), but OP is certainly one huge [censored] and is bad for any poker room and for all other players in it. Picking on a player repeatedly is a very good reason to give you the boot from a poker room and for you to get a very hard kick in the nuts. Repeated cursing shows of a high level of immaturity. My guess is OP is playing on a fake ID (or is no older than 23 -- but thinks he's "the man").

...and thinking that OP is a dooooochbag does not mean that you are a nit... however, thinking OP's behavior is cool means you are a 12 year old.
Old 11-22-2005, 05:34 AM

First, you're a douche for acting like this. Second, yes you should have been tossed out of both joints.

Third:
[ QUOTE ]
She says I'm not allowed to curse and mock other players, this of course is news to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Again, you are a douche. This is not allowed in any poker room in Vegas. Most every room has rules clearly posted that say "Fowl language is not allowed" or something to that affect. You need to learn to read and I have no sympathy if someone did end up kicking you in the nuts someday for acting like this.
Old 11-22-2005, 05:40 AM

Being white is always a plus, for not getting kicked out, when you act out. Anyone remember the time the guy shot and killed a guy outside Caesar's (for spitting on him)? I realize it was outside. But anyway, he was back playing cards three weeks later.

[ QUOTE ]
Was playing at Bellagio and Wynn on a recent Fri / Sat Vegas trip. At both places there were incidents where I had a significantly larger than zero chance of getting tossed, nothing awful but enough to make me wonder how often / likely that is.

Here are the situations, all involve significant amounts of alcohol of course. At the Wynn, there was this nitty old tourist who I decided should be referred to as old man winter. He didn't like that nickname as was made clear. At one point he is asking me to step outside and fight him, which is highly, highly amusing on multiple levels. Dealer, an older woman who was absolutely atrocious calls the floor to talk to me. She says I'm not allowed to curse and mock other players, this of course is news to me. Floor comes over to talk, I am a guest at the Wynn, floor knows this. He pulls me aside, I explain what happens, he pretty much apologizes and says the dealer is due for a break soon but does request that I stop referring to the nit as old man. I go back to my seat and reluctantly do as agreed.

At the Bellagio, two friends are obviously checking down / soft playing. They raised me out of a pot, then check each other down. One has a monster, one has nothing. I do not like this, I am also far from sober so I make my feelings known with a few f-bombs thrown in. Dealer does not like this and makes it clear that if I continue speaking that way, I am gone. Floor is not called cause both players were terrible and I did not want a scene or delay.

Is either case really such that they'd kick a player out? I can't say I've ever noticed that happening but am not a regular B&M player. Regardless, when I do go to a B&M, such behavior is fairly mild and pretty standard. I would think a player would need multiple visits from the floor before getting tossed for language / abuse.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-22-2005, 08:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I am a drunk not an alcholic, alcoholics go to meetings. My behavior with zero drinks actually may have been much worse. See point #1.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the funniest cop-out reasoning that I hear all too often from all of my alcoholic friends.

So not only are you an [censored], but you're also an alcoholic in denial.

[/ QUOTE ]

Premature diagnosis, doc.

And I don't get what's funny about reasoning related to denial of alcoholism.