Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-15-2005, 05:18 AM

Default A 2/4 e-penis battle vs. some random TAG

Villan here was TAGgish but pretty damn aggro, at 22/16/3 over about 500 hands. He has not gotten out of line against the donks, but against other 'good' players he will randomly take shots at people. We have been having an e-penis battle all night (and he's been winning [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] ).

Absolute Limit Hold'em Ring - $2/$4 Stakes (6 max, 5 handed) lolihunter.com (for all your loli hunting needs)

Preflop: Heroine is Button with 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Heroine raises, Small blind folds, Big blind calls

<font color="blue">His Fold BB to steal stat was &gt;70%... and how does a heroine have an e-penis battle? The same way a space marine fights a Japanese schoolgirl in a prehistoric paradise. Shut up, that's how!</font>

Flop: (4.50 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB bets, Heroine raises, BB 3-bets, Heroine calls.

<font color="blue">Honestly, I think he's just taking a shot at me here. With most of what he is calling with in the BB I am ahead of now (as they are probably overcards), and he could also be doing this with an underpair thinking I completely missed the board. Maybe I should just cap here because there are a lot of turn cards I would hate to see...</font>

Turn: (5.75 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB bets, Heroine raises, BB calls.

<font color="blue">Safeish card, as I doubt he has a 7 (but not impossibly likely). I would like him to fold what is most likely a hand with six out plzkthx... but it doesn't happen.</font>

River: (9.75 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, Heroine checks.

<font color="blue">I check because I am a little bitch. That and if he was donking around with any kind of semi-bluff of a straight draw (as I doubt he calls there with a naked 6 or 4 or underpair) or a flush draw with something like Ace-whatever, it got there. Fuxor.</font>

Final Pot: 9.75 BB

-K
Old 12-15-2005, 05:26 AM

Default Re: A 2/4 e-penis battle vs. some random TAG

I think the river is the hardest part of 6max.
Old 12-15-2005, 05:39 AM

I'd call down after the turn donk bet. The way you played it I think it's fine. The turn raise yould be the last money I put in the pot as well.
Old 12-15-2005, 06:00 AM

Played it gooooooot,
Button/SB/BB Battles are the toughest part in 6max and screw my winrate big time.

If your new and don't defend you lose your BB every time it circulates, if you do defend you potentially lose alot more by defending and getting unlucky.

Seriously sucks balls.
"Did he raise to steal? or does he have a hand? Did he just hit the board? Is that raise because he thinks my donk is a bluff? Can he beat me? Oh crap did he just hit that turn King? Uh ho river ace i gotta be screwed? OMG NOOB! It was a steal all along!"

Bleh, Expensive.
Old 12-15-2005, 06:09 AM

Any idea what you're going to do if he 3-bets the turn? By your own reads you can't trust this player.

Villain is a good player and he has shown a lot of strength here. Call the turn and call the river. If he's bluffing he's bound to bet the river and you'll have punished him. If he's pushing a loser like A4 he'll either bet or call the river and you've punished him. If he's got the goods or rivers the goods you've minimized your loss.

There is no important EV difference between folding out a 6-outer and getting a river bet from that 6-outer. Not that he necessarily has that many outs as he is often dominated in some fashion by your 7766A holding.

Having raised the turn you should bet the river. He'll pay you off with an ace, under six, five, or four. I doubt you'd be in this situation if he had trips, a flush, or a straight.

And if you get checkraised then you can always change tables [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img].
Old 12-15-2005, 06:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Any idea what you're going to do if he 3-bets the turn? By your own reads you can't trust this player.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is a good question. My initial inclination is to just fold, as I have not seen him go full-throttle on a semi-bluff...

[ QUOTE ]
Villain is a good player and he has shown a lot of strength here. Call the turn and call the river. If he's bluffing he's bound to bet the river and you'll have punished him. If he's pushing a loser like A4 he'll either bet or call the river and you've punished him. If he's got the goods or rivers the goods you've minimized your loss.

[/ QUOTE ]
This seems to be the best line. I have a problem at times with trying to keep initative when I am involved in a hand. If he really wants to rock out with a loser, I should let him. It also allows me to lose the least if he has me pizownored.

[ QUOTE ]
Having raised the turn you should bet the river. He'll pay you off with an ace, under six, five, or four. I doubt you'd be in this situation if he had trips, a flush, or a straight.

[/ QUOTE ]
The way I have been playing it really looks like I have top pair beat. As I said, I doubt he would have called there with a naked 6, 4, A, or lower PP. Would he call a bet if his draw came up busto? Maybe, but most of the draws he would be peeling there got there.

[ QUOTE ]
And if you get checkraised then you can always change tables [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img].

[/ QUOTE ]
Not on Absolute! [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

-K
Old 12-15-2005, 07:42 AM

Over the top. If hes aggressive, call down.