Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-06-2005, 11:07 AM

Default Butcherd turn play- AKA- \"I\'m a pansy\"

I don't have the hand history so some of the details are approximated.

Absolute poker- $1-$2 NL, 10 seated.

Key players
Villain 1 (SB) ~$200, Villain 2(MP) ~$150, Hero (LP) ~$180

Table has been pretty solid, no one getting too out of line and I am up about $80 playing solid ABC. No PT stats.

Hero gets K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] in LP

UTG calls,UTG +1 calls, Villian 2 calls, Hero calls, CO calls, Button calls, Villian 1 Raises to $8, 1 fold, UTG+1 calls, Villain 2 calls, Hero calls, Co calls, 1 fold.

Whew- so thats 5 handed to the flop with a $43 pot

Flop- 4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]10 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Villain 1 bets $4, UTG+1 calls, Villain 2 raises to $10, Hero calls, CO folds, Villain 1 calls, UTG+1 folds.

pot ~$75

I figured I'd call for the implied odds w/ the gutshot

Turn- Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Perfect card for me

Villain 1 checks, Villain 2 bets $15.....my action?

Ok, I guess the title of this post is a big hint that I screwed up. I put V1 on AK/AA, and V2 on a set (actually I was dreaming that they both had sets)so my biggest concern was of the board pairing on the river. Even if an Ace hit on the river I would have the nuts for at least a split so I wussed out and just called. Villain 1 called too

Pot- $110

River- K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

(censored)! OMG I can't believe I didn't think of the King hitting and making a A high straight possible.

Villian 1 bets $15 (WTF??), Villain 2 folds (WTF??), Hero calls $15 because he is a big nancy fish and pays off Villain 1's A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

So I'm thinking I should have made it about $80 to go on the turn. After all I have the nuts and they have to draw right?

regards,
Tim