Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-01-2005, 02:41 PM

Default 4 flush on board, I have the K, it\'s 2 bets to me.

PF: I raise UTG with A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. 4 players call, the blinds fold.

Flop: 2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. Everyone checks.

Turn: 3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. I bet, 2 folds, CO and button call.

River: T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. I bet, CO raises, button 3 bets.

Button is a total fish, who would 3 bet with any club. I'm more concerned with the CO, who I have no read on. I myself wouldn't raise there with anything but the ace, but then again, I see lots of players do it. Can I be sure enough that the ace is out to fold?
Old 09-01-2005, 02:46 PM

Default Re: 4 flush on board, I have the K, it\'s 2 bets to me.

Dont even think of folding the river.
Dont bet the turn!
Old 09-01-2005, 02:54 PM

With 4 other players in the hand I doubt your hand is good on the turn and I also don't like the bet. River 12 BB in the pot when it gets back to you, though it might cost you 3 more if the CO caps it with the A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. So you're getting about 4:1 either way. I'm not really sure you're good that often, would depend on my read of the CO. I probably call.
Old 09-01-2005, 02:55 PM

i'm capping. i have 1 of those 2 beat, you think Button is full of it and CO is unknown and if he has the Ace he's capping anyways [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 09-01-2005, 02:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i'm capping. i have 1 of those 2 beat, you think Button is full of it and CO is unknown and if he has the Ace he's capping anyways [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

great point.
Old 09-01-2005, 05:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Dont bet the turn!

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 09-01-2005, 05:36 PM

The turn bet is marginal I would say, not a sin by any means. You have a fair share of the equity with about 11 outs. My only concern is getting raised by the next to act and them blowing the field away.

The river I am capping. There is only one card that beats you and two other people still in the pot and likely willing to play along. That's a prime opportunity for extracting value.
Old 09-01-2005, 06:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
River 12 BB in the pot when it gets back to you, though it might cost you 3 more if the CO caps it with the A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. So you're getting about 4:1 either way. I'm not really sure you're good that often

[/ QUOTE ]

Isn't is 14.5 BB? In which case he's almost 5 to 1, and he should be capping anyway.

Secondly, I'm a little new to SSH so forgive this question (I'm a NL SNG player that just finished reading SSH), but why aren't we betting the flop here? He probably has the best hand at this point, and he has a strong draw to beat any low PP, hitting with OC's or the backdoor is 7.5 outs, pot odds giving 11.5 to 1, not counting implied odds, with that kind of PE don't we want to put a bet in on the flop?
Old 09-02-2005, 12:25 AM

You typically don't count overcard outs as full outs, since you'll often be behind even if you hit, or get drawn out on the river if you hit the turn. Counting them as 1.5 outs each instead of 3 is a good starting point.

I think you're right though: betting out on the flop seems pretty reasonable. The pot is big, you may have the best hand, and if not your overcards are vulnerable and a bet could buy some outs.