Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-08-2005, 08:50 AM

Default Re: NEW FAMILY GUY BLOWS

[ QUOTE ]
well think about it this way, now that you don't watch family guy, you'll have more time for your novel

you know

that

novel you've been working on?

hmm?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. This (both of them) had me and my friends cracking up twice in the same night. One of the best jokes ever. That whole episode was brilliant.
Old 07-08-2005, 09:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I rewatched a few of the older episodes recently (I own the dvds, but haven't watched them in a year or so), and the older ones aren't that funny anymore. The show has just run it's course I think. There's something to knowing about a "secret" show. Family Guy used to be a show that not many people liked and was unlike everything else. Same thing happened to Beavis & Butthead, South Park, Simpsons, and even movies like Amelie, Eternal Sunshine, Boondock Saints, etc, also bands like Radiohead, etc. When it first comes out, you are in the minority for people that know about it and like it, you feel special. When it becomes mainstream, somehow it's just less appealing to you. You lost that special connection you had with something that was "underground".

[/ QUOTE ]

This type of thinking drives me crazy.. it is nothing but intellectual snobbery. You want to feel so superior for liking a show that is relatively unknown. The American public is waaay to stupid to understand the humor that only YOU can appreciate right? Well I have some bad news for you ... watching and appreciating a TV show or listening to a band does not make you special

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 07-08-2005, 12:33 PM

Location: download an irc client at www.hydrairc.com (freeware not spyware), connect to irc.efnet.net, and join the channel #twoplustwo to chat live with other 2+2 posters

i've seen a few of the new episodes and i was disappointed too. i think they've gone WAY too far with the pop culture references. stuff like the kool-aid man busting through the wall was cool before because it was relatively rare. every episode has like 80 such moments now. it has given me a newfound appreciation for the simpsons though.
Old 07-08-2005, 03:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i've seen a few of the new episodes and i was disappointed too. i think they've gone WAY too far with the pop culture references. stuff like the kool-aid man busting through the wall was cool before because it was relatively rare. every episode has like 80 such moments now. it has given me a newfound appreciation for the simpsons though.

[/ QUOTE ]

i was sure this (the kool aid man jumping through the wall) happened in family guy, then watched them again and missed it, can anyone tell me what episode and roughly when it happens? thanks
Old 07-08-2005, 03:56 PM

I forgot what it was called but its the one where Brian runs away from home and then gets arrested.
Old 07-08-2005, 05:13 PM

wrong. its the first episode (Death has a Shadow)
Old 07-09-2005, 03:24 AM

relax
Old 07-09-2005, 04:11 AM

Stick it in her pooper!
Old 07-09-2005, 04:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Stick it in her pooper!

[/ QUOTE ]

This has now overtaken 2+2 as the most popular post

[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Kasey [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Old 07-09-2005, 05:10 AM

all their energy is going to the american dad