Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-08-2005, 01:26 AM

Default Re: NEW FAMILY GUY BLOWS

I rewatched a few of the older episodes recently (I own the dvds, but haven't watched them in a year or so), and the older ones aren't that funny anymore. The show has just run it's course I think. There's something to knowing about a "secret" show. Family Guy used to be a show that not many people liked and was unlike everything else. Same thing happened to Beavis & Butthead, South Park, Simpsons, and even movies like Amelie, Eternal Sunshine, Boondock Saints, etc, also bands like Radiohead, etc. When it first comes out, you are in the minority for people that know about it and like it, you feel special. When it becomes mainstream, somehow it's just less appealing to you. You lost that special connection you had with something that was "underground".
Old 07-08-2005, 01:29 AM

Stop being such a baby fanboy and just enjoy the cartoon or turn it off.
Old 07-08-2005, 01:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I rewatched a few of the older episodes recently (I own the dvds, but haven't watched them in a year or so), and the older ones aren't that funny anymore. The show has just run it's course I think. There's something to knowing about a "secret" show. Family Guy used to be a show that not many people liked and was unlike everything else. Same thing happened to Beavis & Butthead, South Park, Simpsons, and even movies like Amelie, Eternal Sunshine, Boondock Saints, etc, also bands like Radiohead, etc. When it first comes out, you are in the minority for people that know about it and like it, you feel special. When it becomes mainstream, somehow it's just less appealing to you. You lost that special connection you had with something that was "underground".

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah i feel this way with bands all the time.
Old 07-08-2005, 01:33 AM

try watching season 3, late season 2. those are the funniest
Old 07-08-2005, 02:30 AM

The writing of family guy is more entertaining than 90% of the shows out there. Now, its replay value does lower on the reruns, but its still quite fresh and still has about a 3 out of 4 ratio of funny jokes. If you don't like it, don't watch it.
Old 07-08-2005, 03:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i can't believe what they've done to that show. so dumb.

[/ QUOTE ]

I just watched this episode for the first time.. are you out of your mind? This was one of the funniest FG episodes IMO. If you didn't like this one, I don't see how you liked it before.
Old 07-08-2005, 05:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I just watched this episode for the first time.. are you out of your mind? This was one of the funniest FG episodes IMO. If you didn't like this one, I don't see how you liked it before.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya, I would have to agree the new stuff is still fall-out-of-your-seat funny, and hasnt changed much.

[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Kasey [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Old 07-08-2005, 06:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So, basically, you're a poser.
Old 07-08-2005, 07:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This type of thinking drives me crazy.. it is nothing but intellectual snobbery. You want to feel so superior for liking a show that is relatively unknown. The American public is waaay to stupid to understand the humor that only YOU can appreciate right? Well I have some bad news for you ... watching and appreciating a TV show or listening to a band does not make you special
Old 07-08-2005, 08:10 AM

the replay value is amazing, as a yr at college proved.

also i'm glad fg is no longer underground cause now i don't have to worry about fox moving it around the schedule.