Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-20-2005, 03:09 AM

Default River plan

villian is a fairly typical player 45/8, takes hands too far, and fairly passive.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP with J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (8.33 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls, BB folds, UTG folds.

Turn: (5.16 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls.

River: (7.16 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero ??</font>

whats my plan here, check to induce, bet/fold, bet/call?
Old 08-20-2005, 03:11 AM

Default Re: River plan

Easy bet.
Old 08-20-2005, 03:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
villian is a fairly typical player 45/8, takes hands too far, and fairly passive.

[/ QUOTE ]

how is that a typical player? vpip is 45 and his pfr is 8.

i would hope in this case you would value bet knowing he would call with a worse hand.
Old 08-20-2005, 03:13 AM

bet/call. I doubt you will get raised, however. This is a classic value bet situation where any number of retarded looking hands are going to call your bet &amp; check behind if you don't bet.
Old 08-20-2005, 03:16 AM

Bet/call against nearly all opponents that fit your read. There may be a few players that I've played a lot against and I know are really passive and have no possiblity of bluff raising that I would bet/fold. With a player like this there are too many worse hands that he calls you with: there is no excuse not to bet. He is too passive to try to induce a bluff from.
Old 08-20-2005, 03:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i would hope in this case you would value bet knowing he would call with a worse hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

well the average player in my 3/6 DB is 40/11, so he's a litte looser/passive but meh

I did bet, he raised and I called. I didn't want to bias the results any
Old 08-20-2005, 03:19 AM

Value bet/call every time.
Old 08-20-2005, 12:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

well the average player in my 3/6 DB is 40/11, so he's a litte looser/passive but meh

I did bet, he raised and I called. I didn't want to bias the results any

[/ QUOTE ]

it happens that he will have you beat at some occasions but if you do check there you lose a bet. and if your average player has those stats. i hope to god you are cleaning house.

-sinful