Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-05-2005, 02:05 PM

Default Re: Party BONUSJUN 25% to $150 7x bonus starts Saturday!

cleared it, nice bonus.
Old 06-05-2005, 02:48 PM

Apparently the fish are on the 1/2 6-max tables trying to clear this bonus... and what a coincidence! SO AM I!!! It's Sunday afternoon and it feels like all the players just came home after a drunk Friday night.
Old 06-05-2005, 03:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Jinx,

Have you sent anymore emails? It's interesting that in the email they sent you (and a couple other people), it says June 3rd is part of the bonus period. In a email to me , it said the bonus period was June 4 - June 8, to which I replied my June 3 cashout should not affect my eligibility. After that email, they gave me the bonus.

I would keep trying.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I've gone back and forth with Customer Support a few times now. Thinking maybe I should send a completely new email to them instead of replying within the same email thread.... They are rather insistent that the bonus period started on June 3 at 19:00 rather than June 4 00:00 (my cashout came at 21:15 or so). To make up for this, they are telling me about the IGM-Pay bonus (20% up to $100, 5x raked hands), which I have not taken advantage of, yet.

Is Party phone support any better than support via email? I also wonder if the email support reps at support@partypoker.com might give it to me whereas those at bonus@partypoker.com will not. Did you contact bonus @ or support @?
Old 06-05-2005, 04:35 PM

I've always sent my emails to info@partypoker.com and that seemed to work fine for this problem and other questions I've had. I'm not sure if sending them a new email instead of replying to the same one will make a difference. I received a total of 3 emails from them and they were signed by 3 different people even though I had just been replying.

None of the emails I got (or their site) says that the bonus period started at 19:00 June 3. My withdraw was at 19:50. I think they have some confusion amongst themselves on this issue, or they decided to make it a solid rule after giving some people the bonus already.

I've never contacted Party support by phone, but it may be easier to sort it out with them that way. It would certainly be easier to talk to a manager or higher-up person that would be more likely to give the bonus. If the emails aren't working, I would try it.
Old 06-05-2005, 09:02 PM

Quick question. Does this work with first time depositors at Party? Would this be the best way to start or are their better initial deposit bonuses for Party? I have 600 available so no problem on getting the full 150.
Old 06-05-2005, 09:35 PM

Default Timing Question

so my dilemma stems from the fact that I have to take a really important exam (USMLE Step 1) on Monday, June 13. there is no way I can play the raked hands before the exam (i.e. during this week.) [for anyone thats taken it you know how much of a beast it is!]

i want to deposit $600 into my PP account at the latest possible time in order to get credit for the bonus so that I can play the req'd raked hands AFTER monday june 13.

my question has to do with this quote from the PP website:
[ QUOTE ]
The bonus is ONLY valid for deposits made by Wednesday, 8th of June 2005

[/ QUOTE ]

does this mean i have to deposit by 11:59 PM on Tuesday, June 7 ... and thus be forced to complete all 1050 raked hands in the one day that i will have (Tuesday June 14)?

... or does this mean that i can deposit up until 11:59 PM on Wednesday June 8 ... and thus have TWO days (6/14 & 6/15) to complete the 1050 raked hands.

(as an aside: is it possible to play 1050 raked hands in 1 day? what type of multi-table/time committment do you think this requires?
[i should prob know the answer to this, but i just don't get a chance to play much nowadays]
[btw- my game is 2-3 tabling NL50-6max mostly, could mix in some .25/.50 limit perhaps]

experienced BW's- i seek your interpretations and advice
Old 06-05-2005, 09:43 PM

Default Re: Timing Question

Play shorthanded games. You could finish it in 4-5 hours.
Old 06-05-2005, 09:55 PM

1) Deposit by 11:59pm Wednesday, June 8th.
2) 4 Tables / 4 hrs @ NL/PL 25 (or higher) should give you MORE than enough hands. Full ring or short handed shouldn't matter.
Old 06-05-2005, 11:23 PM

I took the USMLE. Don't waste the day after it trying to cram down 1050 hands if you're not sure you can make it. There will be another bonus coming along at Party or some other site in a week or two. IF you feel you absolutely must play this bonus (rather than decompressing and partying -- both highly recommended), deposit less so you only have to play a number hands you can comfortably complete.

Give in to the euphoria while you still can (and BTW, the test won't be nearly as tough as the *prep* was, especially under the new computerized graduated difficulty system)
Old 06-06-2005, 12:33 AM

It took me 7 hours to 3-Table 1/2 and clear all 1050 raked hands.

By the way, Party took me off of distribution mode and put me onto winning mode.

If only it was sustainable. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]