Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-12-2005, 03:16 PM

Default Unimproved AK is costing me money...........

The 2nd biggest leak in my game seems to be from raising AK before the flop then continuing to bet it even if I miss.

Sometimes this will win the hand on either the Flop or Turn (usually the Turn, as I'm seeing a lot of people who feel obligated to call a single Flop bet after calling 2 before the Flop).

Just as often, I walk straight into a Turn Checkraise or into someone calling me down to the River with a small/medium pair (though I love these same guys when the Flop does hit my hand).

How do you guys deal with the following situations (if you bet the Flop, do you call a Raise/Checkraise? Do you continue to bet the Turn if not Raised?):

1) Raise AK from early position, one caller + BB
Ragged, low flop misses me completely (I almost always bet out on this one)

2) Same as above but 3 callers (happens a lot in good, loose games)

3) Raise late position after one limper, he and BB Call
Ragged, low Flop misses; action checked to me (I bet out on this one 100% myself)

4) Same as above but 3 limpers

How would your decision be affected by the Flop having a single Q or J in it? By it being 2-suited (not your suit)?

I'm trying to get away from always making a continuation bet after the Flop regardless of circumstances. But I also don't want to tip my hand by never betting when the Flop misses me.

Thanks for your help.