Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Hold'em

Old 12-31-2005, 07:43 AM

Default AQs Lots of Action

Party Poker 10.00/20.00 Hold'em <font color="#0000FF">(9 handed)</font> link

Preflop: Hero is CO with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 folds</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 folds</font>, BB calls, UTG+1 calls, MP2 calls.

Flop: (15.50 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 caps</font>, MP2 folds, Hero calls, Button calls.

Turn: (14.25 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls.

River: (17.25 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, Button folds, UTG+1 calls.

Final Pot: 27.25 BB.

No reads.

Mostly interested in River. I read UTG+1 for a flush and Button for a set-&gt; I raise.
Old 12-31-2005, 07:57 AM

Default Re: AQs Lots of Action

I think you played your hand fine postflop. I wouldve played every street the same. Preflop is the only street I would play differently. Given no reads on your opponents this is a spot I prefer cold-calling over 3 betting. When a MP2 player raises after a person has limped UTG+1, he is not on a steal since one person is already committed to the pot, and he is usually not isolating with a weak hand since he still has to worry about too many people behind him plus the fact that the UTG+1 may have a good hand. So given the fact that I think MP2 has a legitimate hand here, I prefer cold calling and letting more players in the pot, since AQs plays very well multiway. 3betting is not a bad play by any means though, but I prefer cold-calling in this situation.
Old 12-31-2005, 04:57 PM

Looks perfect.
Old 12-31-2005, 06:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think you played your hand fine postflop. I wouldve played every street the same. Preflop is the only street I would play differently. Given no reads on your opponents this is a spot I prefer cold-calling over 3 betting. When a MP2 player raises after a person has limped UTG+1, he is not on a steal since one person is already committed to the pot, and he is usually not isolating with a weak hand since he still has to worry about too many people behind him plus the fact that the UTG+1 may have a good hand. So given the fact that I think MP2 has a legitimate hand here, I prefer cold calling and letting more players in the pot, since AQs plays very well multiway. 3betting is not a bad play by any means though, but I prefer cold-calling in this situation.

[/ QUOTE ]
Wow, I think not 3-betting here sucks. You are ahead of so many hands here and far behind very few. Plus you have position and a limper to extract extra value from. The rest is obviously standard. UTG+1 has a smaller flush here 99% of the time.
Old 12-31-2005, 06:47 PM

Perfect. I think you are spot on, on the river. UTG has a smaller flush and Button has 1010 or JJ.