Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium-Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em

Old 12-20-2005, 03:39 AM

Default guy min bets on the river, wtf?

AKd in UTG, i make it 15 to go, CO calls around 400 deep i have him covered it's HU

37K rainbow, i check, he checks.

turn 3, i bet 25, he calls.

river, brick, i check intending to just call a river bet, but he bets 4. raise or call?
Old 12-20-2005, 03:41 AM

Default Re: guy min bets on the river, wtf?

i have no idea how you decided on check/call as your best river line
Old 12-20-2005, 03:44 AM

Interesting flop check. I suppose it's a classic WA/WB spot, and I like it sometimes vs. an aggressive player, but I bet about 2/3 pot or so pretty much every time.

I also don't really like a river check/call here. He obviously has some sort of made hand, and I think he calls you with more than he bets.

Since you DID check.... man... I think you have to raise that crappy little bet. He's probably making that bet with a weakish pair, or maybe a K no kicker. I think he calls you down with a lot of these hands, thinking that you put him on nothing, due to his min-bet. If he re-raises, easy fold.
Old 12-20-2005, 03:45 AM

good point. probably should've led out. but given the line what 's the plan?
Old 12-20-2005, 03:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Interesting flop check. I suppose it's a classic WA/WB spot, and I like it sometimes vs. an aggressive player, but I bet about 2/3 pot or so pretty much every time.

I also don't really like a river check/call here. He obviously has some sort of made hand, and I think he calls you with more than he bets.

Since you DID check.... man... I think you have to raise that crappy little bet. He's probably making that bet with a weakish pair, or maybe a K no kicker. I think he calls you down with a lot of these hands, thinking that you put him on nothing, due to his min-bet. If he re-raises, easy fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

heh, i understood everything except for the easy fold part after he reraised...curiosity killed the tech
Old 12-20-2005, 03:48 AM

i change it up from time to time from leading out to just checking...given my taggish style
Old 12-20-2005, 04:24 AM

I do lines like this a decent amount of the time vs players who know I will bet almost anything if they check the turn to me again. THey look me up quite frequently with 88, 99, etc.

I always raise this river though. Pots about 100, I'd make it $60.
Old 12-20-2005, 04:31 AM

Raise river, and fold to re-raise. Just get pot to where it would have been had you played for how much you thought this hand might be good for. You've missed at least one bet if you dont raise this river.

On this hand, i prob bet 2/3 of pot on flop and turn, then c/c river. He'll let you know on turn if you're not good.
Old 12-20-2005, 09:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

heh, i understood everything except for the easy fold part after he reraised...curiosity killed the tech

[/ QUOTE ]

Be pretty sure he bet weak to set a trap and induce a checkraise (you put him on some crap hand) and then he shows his true strenght with the reraise?
Old 12-20-2005, 09:29 AM

You have to raise his bet. If he 3bets it's a very easy fold as others have already said. However I dont like the river check, I think betting out is better and image plays / balancing your game is highly overrated against the opponents, you should want to be playing.